Party DJ is a music queueing app you use with your friends.
Party DJ will shuffle all of your music, or your choice of playlist(s), and allow you and your guests with smartphones to vote on what tracks will play next. Tracks with more votes move up and get played sooner.
Guests can queue up songs from your library and those from their own (if they have an iOS device)
Party DJ has a free companion remote app called Party DJ Remote (also available in the App Store) and a web interface for guests without iPhones.
"Party DJ is impressive in how it “just works” and brings back an old feature while adding new options thanks to iOS 7 and Bluetooth. I had a lot of fun testing Party DJ at home and I can see it being used at family gatherings or parties where music democracy can be the best solution to settle arguments over what’s playing." - Federico Viticci, MacStories
Please Note: Party DJ currently works only with music downloaded onto your device, so if you use iTunes Match you will need to download tracks to your device to play them in Party DJ.
• You can now set a crossfade between tracks.
• The party host can now fully reorder the queue, locking tracks in position if desired.
• Set a welcome message shown to guests joining the party.
• Connect Party DJ to a TV or other external display for a beautiful display of upcoming tracks.
• Support for iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus.
• Interface updates & improvements.
• A passcode for guests is now set by default the first time you run the app.
Party DJ is now free to try, with an in-app purchase to unlock premium features. Users who purchased Party DJ before this version will have premium features permanently unlocked. This means your guests no longer need to download the separate "Remote" app and can now simply download the main Party DJ app.
Ratings and Reviews
Little Problems to improve but great
Downloaded this app, because Apple removed the DJ function, sometime ago. What I don’t like:
- Everytime I have to reenter the password when I’m joining my iPad as “server” to unlock the volume, play/stop etc.. when I go to another app on my iPhone, or after X time
- The WIFI connections should be faster, it takes like 30 seconds to connect to the “server” and show the Welcome Message
- After I’m linked to a “server” it should remember it (point 1)
- Have the option to disable sleep screen
- Better album art or bigger on iPad landscape mode
What I like:
- It brings this great dj function for parties
- To be able to upload songs from the client device
- Control music through web page
Some of the functions above is after paying the In-App Purchase, which for me is a little expensive, it will be great in 1.99
Non-existent customer service
Update: Changed to 1 star due to zero customer service. I have been contacting them via their customer service link and they will not respond.
I would pass in this one and go with a different companies app.
Good app and easy to use. Does what it says.
The 2 main things I would like to see added is:
1. People connecting via the web interface need to be able to upload personal music as well.
2. There seems to be a bug (I have reported it to the developer) in that after purchasing the app when you try to "restore purchases" on a different device it tells you that you haven't purchased it.
I do think its well worth the price especially since it allows others to upload their own music into the mix. I wish though that it would alert the DJ when someone uploads and what the song is they uploaded giving the dj an opportunity to reject the upload. This feature would need to be able to be turned on or off.
No way to stop people from pausing or changing the volume.
- Homegrown Software Ltd
- 6.1 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Homegrown Software
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Everything $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.