PassDirector is an encrypted, password protected database for sensitive personal data:
- bank accounts, credit cards
- email accounts, web passwords
- serial numbers
- hardware passwords
- phone numbers
- any other confidential information
PassDirector uses strong, high secure AES-256 encryption. All cryptographic operations are performed using standard, system-provided iOS libraries.
- syncing between the Mac and iPhone PhoneDirector database over the Wi-Fi or iCloud
- creating new categories with custom fields
- renaming and deleting categories and fields
- custom picture for a category and an entry
- Touch ID authentication
- Face ID authentication
- built-in web browser allowing to fill logins and passwords
- Safari view controller is an option for displaying web links stored in the PassDirector database
- sending emails directly from the PassDirector database
- link to the Phone application to call phone numbers from the PassDirector database
- link to the Maps application to show address from the PassDirector database
- sending the encrypted backup file by email
- searching in the database
The Mac version of PassDirector:
- use the same database on your Mac computer and your iPhone
- editing the database on both iPhone and your Mac computer
- syncing between the Mac computer and iPhone over the Wi-Fi connection (your iPhone and the computer must be on the same network)
- syncing between the Mac computer and iPhone using iCloud
- iOS 12 compatibility
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Worth the money
I have 2 iMacs. One mine and one my wife's. I have another password app on my iPhone and I have PassDirector on my iMac. The wife is always asking me for passwords when she is on her iMac so I decided to buy PassDirector for my iPhone. I synced it to my iMac and then put PassDirector on her iMac and then synced from my iPhone. It worked perfectly and now she won't be bugging me for passwords. This is the most I have ever spent for an iPhone app and I am glad I did.
Nice design; need to iron out flaws
This is actually a rather nice app. The interface is clear, clean, and pretty easy to use. There are some cosmetic flaws that don't inspire confidence, and iCloud & Keychain Access sync support should happen at some point soon, but the biggest problem I see thus far is that one has to edit an entry in order to be able to copy the password. The user should be able to tap the password once it's visible and select "copy" without having to edit the entry. The current behavior discourages creation of complex (secure) passwords.
Also, as a suggestion, a password suggestion helper (a-la-Keychain-Access) would be a really nice edition. I haven't seen a password app that has that yet.
If these flaws are fixed, this'll be a very nice password app.
Update: just discovered that there's a built-in browser with a really nice autofill feature. Bumped it up a star for that (although I'd really put it at 3.5 if I could).
Purchased Product for Feature that was removed 1 month later
I purchased this product because it integrated with a Windows version of it and sync'd passwords between my iPhone and my laptop. This feature was removed a month later and I am unable to use the product and will need to purchase another one. After contacting MacMedia I was told there were no current plans to support the feature that was removed. When I requested a refund as it is unuseable to me since advertised features were removed, I was told I would have to ask Apple for the refund. I have sent in support requests to Apple regarding the billing and have received no responses to my request for a refund.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.