A specialized utility for random password generation.
This application can generate an unlimitted number of passwords according to the user's specifications. You can define the total number of passwords and the number of characters per password. You can also choose which characters to include, exclude, and what character to use as separator.
If you intend to generate a ridiculously big number of passwords, or if your computer is just running low on memory, you have the option to split generated passwords into multiple files. Each file has the number of passwords you define – PassGen will create as many files as needed.
The application was specifically designed for generating passwords, but it can be used for the creation of any kind of random text or number.
- Quick generation of any number of passwords
- Easy customization of password type
- Ability to split into multiple files for low memory footprint
Any comments and suggestions, don't hesitate: email@example.com
- New icon!
- Minor interface and performance changes
- Added the ability to manually exclude certain characters
- PassGen now runs sandboxed
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app with 2 exceptions
It's very easy to use and very unique in creating many passwords at once.
1. It needs to be able to print to the screen when I only need one password. Printing to files makes sense sometimes just not for me.
2. It needs to support the red x to close the app. I shouldn't need to click PassGen > Quit.
Overall, I'll recommend this app if anyone asks for a reference.
Worked Great, But...
I have been using PassGen for some work utilities lately and it was working just fine for a few weeks. Recently, I have noticed that when opening the text file in Notepad on the PC, all of the codes are on one line with a square in between instead of being separated with a Return. It would be great if the developer could fix this. It is a 5 star application other than the Return issue.
Good, but lacks one crucial feature
This app is great for generating as many random IDs or passwords as you need, HOWEVER it seems to lack one critical feature. When you tell it to create passwords with both letters and numbers, not every password contains BOTH letters and numbers - I got several that were only letters. This is a serious issue when creating passwords or IDs for a system that requires alphanumic passwords or IDs.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.