Track your National Park visits, plan your next one, find cancellation stations, and upload your park photos right from your phone!
Get the mobile version of America’s #1 National Park Guidebook on your device today.
The Passport App gives you access to vital park information like park addresses, phone numbers, entrance fees, and Junior Ranger program info, right at your fingertips!
Back by popular demand: sort your visits by Name, Date, or view a map of parks visited
• Updated and streamlined look for easier navigation
• Sync photos and journal entries between multiple devices
• Updated GPS coordinates for cancellation locations
• Featured Parks and New Cancellations info so you won’t miss a thing
• Import all your existing visits and photos
• Mark parks you’ve visited and plan visits to others
• Find valuable information on every unit of the National Park Service — all in one place
• Add Journal entries and pictures to visited sites
• Search for parks alphabetically, by state, or nearby via GPS
• Easily find Passport cancellation stations via a map or searchable list
• Follow links to National Park Service website for directions, hours, events, and more
• Quick, one-touch access to eParks.com, the Official Online Store of America’s National Parks
Fixes a crash bug
Ratings and Reviews
I was very cross when the old version of this app was replaced by this one because all my park visit data was lost in the trade. I finally gave in and started recording data in the new app, but I notice that if cell coverage or internet access is weak, it doesn’t load all past visits. What it does load seems random so it looks like data is missing. I’d really prefer the data be stored locally, but failing that, the app should at least maintain the basic list locally and have some kind of ‘additional visit data is not available without internet access’ message so it doesn’t seem like your painstakingly entered visit info is missing.
Really great resource on the road
I just got back from a week-long road trip with my mom from southern IL through IN, KY, TN, and NC. This app was an invaluable resource for us while trying to find cancellation locations for many of the parks, monuments, and historic sites along the way. I also really like how I can load pics from our visit right into the app. There are links to the parks’ websites and a map feature that gives directions. It was really fun to use this as we traveled!
It seems there are some sites missing, though. I can’t find Ellis Island or the USS Arizona, both of which I’ve visited in the past and would like to add cancellations on.
Overall, 4 thumbs up (from my mom and me).
Data doesn’t refresh
I’ve tried for the past week to upload photos and my visits and sometimes they’re there and sometimes they’re gone. And when I try to refresh my data it’s in a perpetual updating mode and never stops. I can’t afford to be using up my cellular data or my all of memory while out camping or touring trying to upload or update.... it’s been nice if you had a desktop site that we could sign onto so we can upload our photos to because I really don’t want to have these photos on my phone forever. The other major problem is that when I try to add my trip and photos the app just shuts down and goes back to the icon on my phone. I have tried to update 3 visits in the last week and I haven’t been able to add those visits or save them and my numbers of visits don’t even match for the visits I have recorded.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.