Password Pad Lite allows you to create multiple note files, each encrypted by a different password.
The key feature of password pad is its simplicity, which makes it easier to use (no need to fill in pre-existing forms) and also allows it to be easily extended to other uses. Keep your data in the format that you want, not in the format that someone else has decided for you. Simple search for the data that you want to retrieve.
Uses for Password Pad include:
- Create and store important information, such as website passwords, app serial numbers and bank details, all secured by a single password
- Keep a diary that others cannot read
- Email encrypted notes (e.g. credit card or login details) that the receiver can open only with the correct password
- And many others!
Read what our users have to say:
“I’ve used other password management tools.... Password Pad has now replaced all of them. It’s just much simpler and faster to use, and I’m always finding new uses for it!”
- Darren Keeth
“I often need to secure more than just login names and passwords even for websites, and your app is the perfect tool for doing that”.
- Amie Shy
- The Lite version uses XOR encryption, which is significantly weaker than the Triple DES encryption of the full version.
- Single DES encryption has an effective key length of 56 bits. In 2008, it took approximately 24 hours to crack DES using a $10,000 custom built machine.
- The full version of Password Pad uses Triple DES, which has an effective key length of 112 bits. Each additional bit doubles the amount of time required to brute-force crack the password. The same $10,000 machine would require approximately 197 trillion years to crack a Triple DES encrypted text.
- Triple DES security is used by the electronic payment industry to secure your credit card and ATM transactions.
- It is likely that the most effective way to crack an encrypted text in Password Pad is a dictionary search. Your data is only as secure as the password you choose.
- Both versions convert the input password into a cryptographically secure key with PBKDF2 using 10000 rounds of iteration.
- Change UI to remove popup dialog boxes where possible.
- Added startup dialog box.
- Added support for Mac OS X Lion Autosave.
- Added support for Mac OS X Lion Resume.
- Added support for Mac OS X Lion Full Screen.
- Added support for Mac OS X Lion integrated find bar in text view.
- Removed "Reopen Last Document" feature as it has been subsumed by Lion's Resume and startup dialog.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I downloaded the app on my mac and realized that if i exit out of the app And then like 5 min later i click to reopen it doesn’t require my password. I personally think that it would be smarter if evrytime someone exits out of the app it locks automatically and requires the password.
Great for keeping info unseen by the kids
This is a basic text editor that gives you the ability to password protect the file. If you need hard core encryption... you might want something more robust... but for everyday... around the house use to keep your kids from seeing things... this works great.
I had a question about the product... and got a prompt answer from the developer... it turned out the issue was mine and not the software.
It's everything I needed
Does What It Says
Nothing more and nothing less. Great notepad for those notes that you don’t want to carry around on every device or share with every account. It’s private and locked away like I need it. Thank you. Had no problems getting it to lock and stay locked.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.