The most comprehensive collection of resources for the pastoral care of Christian individuals, families, and communities.
PastoralCare provides easy-to-navigate rites and resources for the care of people in times of sickness and distress, joy and celebration. Psalms, Scripture readings, prayers, hymn texts, and commentaries are woven together and applied to more than 60 different situations to uplift and support God’s people. PastoralCare is the ideal app for all pastors, ministers, elders, and caregivers. The prayers, hymns, and readings in PastoralCare make this a perfect devotional app for everyone.
* 18 visitation rites
* 63 care resources in 8 categories
- At the time of birth
- Ministering to the sick
- At the time of death
- Times of spiritual distress
- Home and family
- Times of celebration
- Miscellaneous situations
* Scripture readings
* Psalms with optional chant marks and 8 music and audio tones for singing
* Complete church year calendar with readings and prayers for all Sundays and festivals
* 27 pastor’s prayers of preparation
* 19 seasonal proper prefaces
* 125 additional prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings
* 171 best-loved hymns with complete texts
* Select hymns and liturgical texts in German and Spanish
* Dates for Sundays, feasts, and festivals generated according to the dynamic calendar
* 8 Psalm tones include music and audio of pipe organ accompaniment
* Bookmarking capabilities to organize your resources
* Add and review notes with phone number and address highlighting
* Easy to navigate
* Fully searchable
* Small, medium, and large font sizes
* Three-Year and One-Year Lectionaries included
* Updates for iOS 11 compatibility.
Ratings and Reviews
Convenient and Useful
I don’t always have my Pastoral Care Companion with me, but I’ve always got my phone. This allows me to have access to important prayers and rites I might need when I’m away from the church or have to make an unplanned visit. It has the option for the one-year lectionary, chant pointing for the psalms, and basic hymn texts.
The "Pastoral Care Companion" is equally valuable as a "Layman's Care Companion." I have found the prayers and other resources of immense value in caring for my family and friends. Being able to have it on my iPhone will make this resource available wherever I find myself. I especially like the fact that all the Propers have the full texts of all the lectionary readings for the entire church year. You can also select the one-year or three-year lectionary. Here's a tip that took a little time to figure out. To take advantage of the 8 Psalm tones which include audio of pipe organ accompaniment, you have to go to "More" button at the bottom, click on "Options" and turn on "Chant Markings" which is off in the default mode you download it in. This is also where you can choose between the one-year and three-year lectionaries, as well as change the font size for the program. You can also select "Inverted Mode" which displays the readings and rites in night mode (white text on black background). This really is a fantastic resource that I would suggest the head of every family should have in print and/or electronic format. I have recommended the book countless times to fellow laymen. Thanks, CPH, for providing this. I have a couple suggestion for a future update. The additional resources of the "Visitation" book edited by Revs. Arthur Just and Scott Kinnaman would be a nice add-on. It would also be nice to be able to edit the bookmarks.
Good but needs the one year lectionary
This is a decent application but needs the one year lectionary option.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.