Path of Adventure 9+

Text-based roguelike

Jordin Kee

Designed for iPad

    • 4.5 • 5.1K Ratings
    • Free
    • Offers In-App Purchases



Here be traps and treasures, monsters and magic.

Get ready to battle monsters, crawl dungeons and hoard treasures! The miles of challenge and mystery lie before you. Will you survive the legendary Path of Adventure?

This is a game of words and choices. Take part in a fantasy narrative and decide how you want to act. Will you explore the ancient ruins? When to use magic? And what to buy from the merchant?

Gameplay first
But don’t let the text fool you – this is a true game! Inspired by both classic D&D and modern RPG’s, it features:
- Turn-based combat
- Procedurally generated dungeons
- Permadeath
- Loads of weapons, items and monsters
- 6 unique playable characters

Easy to learn, hard to master
Never played a game like this before? No problem! Just start with the tutorial and continue your way. But beware: this game is a real challenge and requires wits and tactics to win!

Free to play
This game is free to play, and free to win. The only in-app-purchases are Resurrects and Undos. They are handy, but completely optional.

Path of Adventure is optimized for screen readers; thanks to the help and support from the community of visually impaired players.

What’s New

Version 4.5.5

Version 4.5.5 includes a few improvements and fixes:
- Force portrait orientation
- Improve error handling
- Fix faded weapon after spirit fled bug
- Fix smoke bomb flee bug
- Fix rocks trap closed gate bug
- Fix typos

Thanks everybody for reporting these issues!

Ratings and Reviews

4.5 out of 5
5.1K Ratings

5.1K Ratings

NotoriousZero ,

Honestly an amazing game, refreshing.

I love it. It gets tough, and it’s really REALLY painful when you reach 50/50 then die BUT that’s what make it so amazing. It’s not a modern game where you go back to the last checkpoint. When you die, you die. It makes your choices that much more impactful. You actually have a reason to make decisions and not just run around slashing away. The story is solid, the gear is definitely OP if stacked correctly and the loot is fair. This is by far one of the most balanced games I’ve played in a long time. On that note...

To the Devs: Only thing I’d LOVE to see, endless mode. I know that’s a lot of work and kinda tough to scale mobs but one thing that’s really disappointing is getting all this loot and starting over from nothing... even though I won. The fact that winning & losing results in the same outcome, starting over with nothing, is a bit tough to deal with. So if you had an endless mode where I could advance infinitely gathering my favorite gear (insert mouthwatering image here). Not only that but deciding which stats to pump into would be awesome! I’d love to see nat defense at 10 or other other stats way up there.

To everyone interested, definitely play this game. To the team, thank you for making such a solid game! I would definitely pay extra for endless mode & whatever else you come up with! PLEASE CONSIDER IT!

Developer Response ,

Thanks for the review and the suggestion! More people have suggested an endless mode and it's definitely on my list. But so is a lot of other stuff, haha. Hope to add it at some point in the future...

adsxz6 ,

Great offline game/fair

I don’t know if the loot is very FAIR or if it’s just my luck, because it seems that some games almost every weapon I get is enchanted and some other games every single weapon I find is cursed. Apart from that the game is actually surprisingly great. I gave it 4 stars because of the fact that no matter how low or high your chances may be (say 50% chance of your attack hitting) it always seems like the chances are absolutely misleading, I played against an enemy with a 50% chance of hitting it, and I died hitting it with a total of 1/5 strikes landing. I honestly don’t know if I’m just that unlucky but it isn’t the first time a ridiculous chance happened like this, I have a 25% dodge chance, and I’ll dodge something the first time only with the rest never having me dodge, a 75% chance of hitting the final boss and I kid you not, I died hitting a total of 1/6 shots, kind of crazy, right? I would like to know if these chances are natural (like the cursed weapons being almost every weapon I pick up) or if I’m really just that unlucky, or if it’s a glitch. I’ll continue to play the game because of how fun it is, and I like to laugh at the fact that it seems no matter the chances, you will be able to hit and dodge, and the same would go for the enemy.

Just my opinion but I gave it 4 stars specifically because every single chest I find has a cursed weapon…

RogueFun ,

Fun game

This is a good adventure type rogue-like game that can be played in quick runs. I have only been able to win in the easy mode once but have gotten very close to winning in the next harder mode. As with all games of this type luck plays quite a factor but you learn quickly that certain items should always be grabbed when available such as sharpening stones as they can save you when you have a long stretch with no new weapons or armor and you do not have an empty weapon/armor slot. Don’t be afraid to sell certain items other than breaking items to the merchant if you think that you will not be able to use them. With the money gained you can get items that better support your run.

When you fail as you will many times it is nice to see that there is virtually no delay in starting another run afterwards. Touch screen controls are nice and responsive.

One thing I would like to see is something like a top 5 best runs you have done for each mode and for winning runs which items and levels you had when you won. There is some repetition in starting out that is probably unavoidable due to the need to not give you overpowered items at the start. Perhaps an endless mode after all modes have been won at least once to see how far you can survive?

App Privacy

The developer, Jordin Kee, indicated that the app’s privacy practices may include handling of data as described below. For more information, see the developer’s privacy policy.

Data Not Collected

The developer does not collect any data from this app.

Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More

You Might Also Like

Medieval Fantasy RPG
AI Dungeon
Eldrum: Untold - Text RPG
OneBit Adventure
The Wanderer: Post-Nuclear RPG