PathSnagger 2 4+
PathSnagger is an application which allows you to copy the path of any selected item (or items) in the Finder, apply various customizable transformations to that text, and place the result in the clipboard. People around the world use PathSnagger to: send clickable URLs of shared documents to their colleagues; easily describe the path of a file located deep in the file system; quickly determine a folder location for pasting into Terminal; transform a path from a network share to Windows format, etc. PathSnagger is invoked through the use of Services, either via a right-click on the item, or by selecting the item and choosing PathSnagger from the Finder’s Services menu.
* Right-click a Finder item, choose Snag Path, and the path is instantly copied to your clipboard.
* Supports multiple path formats. Choose from POSIX, HFS, File, or Windows.
* Optionally insert a prefix or suffix to the snagged path.
* Copies multiple items at once. Items are separated with a configurable delimiter string.
* Optionally escapes (with a backslash) special characters.
* Optionally place double quote characters around the entire path.
* Optionally replaces your home directory with the tilde (~) character.
* Optionally apply configurable text-substitution rules to the snagged path.
* Create as many configurations (Translators) as you want.
* Specify a default Translator that will be applied every time you invoke the service.
* Hold down the option key when invoking the service to choose from your entire list of Translators if you don't want the default.
* Growl support. Displays a notification when the path is snagged.
* Notification Center support. Displays a notification when the path is snagged.
* Path snagging history. Click a notification in Notification Center, and that path will be re-copied to your clipboard.
* Option to automatically quit after snagging the path.
Fix for El Capitan compatibility.
Ratings and Reviews
Does what it says. Nice options to customize exactly how you want the path to be grabbed (escaping out special characters, for example).
I'm sure App Store requirements forced the developer to use the Services menu as the way to implement this. That's ok, but it would be nice if this would show up as a contextual menu in the Finder without having to navigate to the Services submenu. Hopefully someday the nwe Extensions feature introduced in Yosemite will allow the devloper to pull this out of the Services submenu and make it a little easier to access (perhaps with its own submenu, to pick the style of path one wants).
Note that there is a program called TotalFinder that implements this feature more like what I'd prefer, but you can't get that in the App Store because it doesn't play by Apple's rules (it really can't play by Apple's rules and implement all its features). I've stopped using TotalFinder because I feel like it introduces some compatibility/stability issues and I just don't need all of its features.
Awesome & Simple!
I don't know what the other reviewers are talking about. This has worked on every release for the last MacOS release for the last 6 years. It also perfectly creates clickable thinks. However, the links are designed to work on the system on which it was created. The likelihood that you email the link to someone else and they have the same files in exactly the some place as you is rare (perhaps with mapped network drives with the same drive designation). THIS APP WORKS PERFECTLY FOR WHAT IT WAS DESIGNED (AND DESCRIBED) TO DO! Purchase with confidence!
I use it at work every day
I've used this for over 4 years at work across many computers and it has worked on every version of OS I've had. I've only used it to share locations on a private server with coworkers but we use it constantly, every day. The only thing that has caused any issue for me is that sometimes I need to reset my preferences when I update, but that's not a big deal. Love it
The developer, Jonathan Baumgartner, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Jonathan Baumgartner
- 1.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.8 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2013 Jonathan Baumgartner
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.