Pathways for Core First is a FREE, one-of-a-kind companion app for Core First that is packed with expert advice for how to meaningfully impact the user’s communication success. Based on best practices from experts in the field, Pathways for Core First provides lesson plans, top tips, and real-world videos to show parents, teachers, and therapists how to get the most out of Core First with confidence.
Designed by experts in the field, Pathways for Core First is a clear, easy-to-follow blueprint for getting started and continuing to grow skills with Core First. It was developed to empower communication partners to apply best practices and proven techniques for the user in a simple, straight-forward way. Pathways for Core First is an essential resource to help you guide the user to communication success.
Getting Started – Set up Core First and use it with an example. You’ll also find:
• Helpful how-to videos.
• Scripts based on the individual’s grid size.
Goals Grid – Use this proven resource tool that is now interactive to:
• Assess an individual’s current skills and identify goals.
• Track progress in Pathways and email or print status to share with others.
• Access at least one lesson plan per goal.
Build Skills – Discover and share (email, print) how to build the user’s skills through lessons and resources. We’ll equip you to:
• Teach core vocabulary through Core Word Lessons & Books.
• Transitioning from PECS.
• Select and implement positive behavior supports.
Customize Core First – Print or email cheat sheets and view video instructions on how to easily customize components of Core First:
• Add or rearrange vocabulary.
• Grow core words systematically.
• Simplify or grow language.
Top Tips – Identify the most important things about using Core First with the user. Here you’ll learn about:
• Providing a positive communication environment.
• Looking for success.
Why It Works – Review and share the research and myths about AAC, Core First, and Pathways.
Multiple improvements and bug fixes.
- Reduced app size.
- Updated content in lesson plans and cheat sheets.
Ratings and Reviews
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.