Pathy is a new app from a new indie developer designed to give you a fun and insightful look into your workout history, in a way you've never seen before.
For those of us who have been working out with Apple Watches for years (some of us nearly a decade) – or even just a few weeks or months – Pathy is designed to surface an often-overlooked, but super fun-to-browse, data set: GPS routes you have recorded along your travels – hikes, walks, runs, and bicycle rides.
If you didn't know: during any outdoor walk, run, hike, or bicycling workout, your Apple Watch records the GPS path of of your entire route, which you can review at any time. The problem is, without Pathy, you can only view these routes one-at-a–time in your Fitness app.
But now, with Pathy, you can see *all* of your recent workout routes, all on the same map. Pathy also lets you filter the visible routes to include (or exclude) any particular type of workout you want.
I wanted this app to exist for years, but nobody made it, so I finally made it myself.
Pathy makes your outdoor workout data really fun to browse, and serves several useful purposes:
• See where all you've been in your favorite cities to visit – and where all you haven't been yet.
• See all the endless different paths you've taken walking or running around your neighborhood, the endless combinations of different blocks, and which blocks you haven't reached yet.
• Explore into new corners of your neighborhood by uncovering which blocks, streets or trails you've never been down, and seeing exactly where your new horizons lie!
• When out on a trail you've done before, keep an eye on where you've been and where you haven't, and make informed decisions about whether you want to turn down a path to somewhere familiar, or new.
– Added introductory screen explaining the permissions Pathy will need before asking for them
– Removed currently-unused "previous route" & "next route" buttons
– Increased default number of routes from 50 to 100
Ratings and Reviews
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Zakkariah Roberts
- 5.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 midkay