*** Create Art. Even if you can't draw. ***
-- Tap "Related" above for free demo version --
Pattern Artist is a unique and fun app for quickly creating beautiful and interesting repeating patterns and abstract art. Whether you are a professional artist, a designer, or just someone who likes to be creative, Pattern Artist will allow you to make works of art you can be proud of. Use it to make wallpapers, website backgrounds (including Facebook, Twitter and Flickr home pages), calendars, custom photo frames, patterns to use in other art programs, or just because you love making art!
Pattern Artist is neither a painting app nor a photo manipulation app, but a novel template-based approach to creating captivating designs. The basics are simple - you will likely create your first design in just a few minutes - yet it has the capability and flexibility to be a serious art creation tool.
If you want a unique background for your mobile device or your website, Pattern Artist provides a refreshing alternative to all the "wallpaper gallery" apps you've used. Rather than browsing through pages of pre-built backgrounds to find a wallpaper that appeals to you, why not create a customized background pattern with the design, colors, textures and scaling that appeals to your artistic tastes and/or design requirements?
- powerful color selection tools for accurately choosing colors
- built-in palette of textures to add a detailed "finishing touch" to your pattern
- build a collection of custom color schemes entirely within the app, or import color schemes created externally
- create calendars or frame photos using any of your created patterns directly in the app
- library and slideshow for displaying your artistic creations
- Airplay support (e.g. view the full repeating pattern on your Apple TV while zoomed-in to edit)
- export patterns to iPhoto for use as home screen or lock screen wallpaper
- send patterns via email, print, or copy via pasteboard into other art apps
- print "line-only" version of patterns for hand coloring with crayons, pastels, markers, paint, etc.
- share to Facebook and Twitter (iOS 6 only).
- supports both landscape and portrait use
Watch a demo video at patternartist.info
See a gallery of samples on Flickr: http://flickr.com/photos/patternartist
Still not convinced? Download Pattern Artist Free (tap the "Related" tab) and explore how easy it is to create your own works of art!
Custom image masks, increased maximum image resolution (supporting iPad Pro screen size), export hashtags to Instagram, new polygon masks with adjustable rounded corners, bug fixes (including crash when saving on iPad)
Ratings and Reviews
Design Study tool. Also fun!
I lose hours and days to this app, quite happily. In some other life I am or was a graphic designer, but in this life I am a writer and musician mostly. This app feeds the graphics jones quite well: I choose a pattern template and a color palette and spend the next however many spare moments trying to produce designs that look as different as I can make them look. When I feel like I have exhausted the possibilities of that particular template and color combination, I choose another.
A bit obsessive, perhaps, but lots of fun if you are a color and pattern addict like I am. Recommended whether or not you want to test your imagination. Steady updates and improvements make this one well worth whatever you pay for it. Comes with a huge collection of designs and a versatile color picker that lets you import and export color schemes.
I just started playing with this and already I can tell I will use it often. Great app for creating basic repeat patterns. I would love it it free form repeat drawings could be added - drawing in the blank spaces!
Zen and the fun of pattern magic
I say zen, because my mind tunes into almost a meditative state when completing a puzzle. Highly recommended. The companion app Pattern Artist allows you to create your own puzzles. Also highly recommended!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.