•••••• FREE! (for a limited time) ••••••
•••• "A 'must-have' for the iPad" ••••
Classic mobile music creation on your iPad.
Over 250,000 downloads!
Create compelling, original music on your iPad™ with PatternMusic®. PatternMusic was designed to inspire creativity, learning and experimentation in music enthusiasts and experts alike.
• Create songs intuitively using layered instrument patterns.
• Play an interactive polyphonic musical instrument with over 50 different voices.
"PatternMusic is like a beatbox for melodies."
"I've been using PatternMusic to write a song every day!"
"I'm a musician, but I've never been able to figure this stuff out before. This is amazing! Who knew?"
- comments from PatternMusic users
What's inside PatternMusic:
• The Stage
- Intuitively mix and arrange your songs by moving instrument icons.
- Effortlessly add, duplicate and delete instruments.
• Multi-Touch Pattern Editor
- Easily create unique looping note patterns.
- Editor zoom - because not everyone has the same size fingers.
- Up to 64 notes per pattern via the scrolling timeline.
- Scroll through a 4 octave range for each instrument.
- Solo mode - focus on a single part of your composition.
- Dynamics for individual notes.
- 50 instrument voices to choose from.
- Change voices at any time.
- A full drum kit and percussion set.
• Built-in Help and Tutorials
- A complete Help system is accessible throughout the app.
- Access built-in and on-line Video Tutorials.
• Instrument and Song Settings
- Tempo (including "tap tempo" for interactive tempo matching).
- Time Signature
- Scales - work within a mode and avoid "wrong" notes. (more than 40 scales available)
- Note length configurable from 1/16 note triplets to dotted whole notes.
- Looping control - infinite or counted.
- Configurable instrument start point.
- Swing - create shuffle effects.
- Transpose - up or down up to two octaves (an 8 octave total range).
• Song Management
- Auto-save - PatternMusic automatically saves your songs when you quit or when you are interrupted by a phone call, and it automatically restores your last session when you return.
- Manage your songs including song duplicate, rename and delete.
You'll be creating music in no time.
Visit www.PatternMusic.com for
- Demo videos,
- Tutorial lessons,
- and answers to all your questions.
PatternMusic is a U.S. registered trademark of Richard Lawler
Copyright Richard Lawler.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
iOS 11 support. Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
So much potential!
Please add synth sounds and contemporary beats and you have a powerful music tool!! I'm surprised how powerful this could be. The sounds are good, but too new-agey. Give us some modern instruments and samples and one could really write some cool tunes. Impressive controllability. Makes me want more. Midi, background audio, audiobus and synth sounds and its a 5 star app I would pay for!
With any effort put into it, the app is NOT hard to use. But it does feel like the beta it is, both in terms of certain needless bits of clunk in the UI and in terms of really key functionality, like import/export, memory management, and the variety and customizability of the sounds.
But the concepts are strong and so much is already laid out that it seems crazy the app has had no updates since 2010. One would hope the developer reappears from the wide world of life's torments and wades back into the dank swamp of IOS to finish what he started.
So much fun
For anyone who enjoys music even remotely, this app is a must have. It takes a bit of figuring out for those that are not "musically inclined" but once you get the hang of it, it's endless possibilities. Not only do I enjoy it, but my kids also (13, 8, 7). They have created their own music and write lyrics to them all. GOTTA GET IT!!!
The developer, Richard Lawler, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Richard Lawler
- 13 MB
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2010, 2017 Richard Lawler
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.