In 2004, the folks at Penny Arcade started PAX as a small 4,500 person event to celebrate the culture and community around gaming of all genres and platforms. The show was so popular that by 2014 you could go to a PAX in three separate cities across two continents - but there still wasn't enough to go around.
Turns out a lot of people like games, and quite a few of them don't live along the East or West coasts. So in 2015, the first PAX South opened its doors in San Antonio, Texas, welcoming gamers of all ages (and time zones) to a three-day celebration of gaming and the culture surrounding it.
No matter what type of gamer you are, if you've ever wanted to immerse yourself in games (perhaps literally, in our real world RPG experience), PAX has a panel, tournament, concert, and place for you. Welcome home, y'all.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Sounds without ability to turn them off? Srsly?
Where is “Settings” to turn off the sound it makes when adding or removing from the schedule?
As someone who will be attending Pax South in a few weeks I was thrilled to find this on your Instagram! I think that it is an obvious upgrade over the previous pax app used for all events. The accessibility and layout is very well done making it clear to see how to do things. It covers all the features very well. Can’t wait! 😀👍
Old app was better
Not sure why they’re using this new app this year - the old one was better.
Here are a few issues found just within 5 minutes of using the app:
- Accessibility: text in search bar difficult to read because of colors
- Map Interface: what’s with these pre-loaded markers? Unable to find an intuitive way to remove them.
- Map General: Why is there a random link to Google maps? The link doesn’t even go to the location of the convention center.
- Map Search: Not all locations are searchable. To name a few: main theater, diversity lounge, merch
- Map Search: Requires you to be on the correct map. It should search across all maps.
- Navigation: Same icon used for general info and PAX XP
- Privacy: Sharing usage is turned on by default
- Reed Elsevier Inc.
- 120.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Reed Elsevier Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.