You love Apple Pay™ but where can you use this amazing way to pay?
We asked the same question and went about curating and mapping the largest collection of Apple Pay merchants. We call this Pay Finders™ and we need your help. Join our group of independent and dedicated Apple Pay enthusiasts and help hand craft the most complete and growing map of places for you to use the most modern and easy to use way to pay.
Pay Finders is the execlusive choice for Apple Pay enthusiasts.
- Discover and explore local merchants that accept Apple Pay
- Beautiful Apple Maps discovery system helps you find new places
- Sort local merchants by distance, category, name and newness
- Get turn-by-turn Apple Map directions to Apple Pay merchants
- Rate your Apple Pay experiences and report if Apple Pay was working
- Share Apple Pay merchants you discover with your friends
- Build your personal Apple Pay merchant favorite lists
- Help find and add new Apple Pay locations to Pay Finders
- New Apple Pay™ locations updated by the minute
This is the North American version of Pay Finders covering the United States and Canada only.
Important: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Automatic notification when you are near a Pay Finders listed merchant
- Apple Watch integration
- United Kingdom, Europe and Australian version
- Advanced sorting function in list view. Including sort by name, distance, category, icon and newness.
- Faster map building and loading.
- Better automatic perimeter section for large cites like New York, Chicago, Los Angles, etc.
- User interface adjustments and updates.
- Various corrections and fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Not there yet
App has no way to let me indicate that stores are listed that do not in fact offer Apple Pay and when I added comments to that effect for a major grocery listed that does not offer AP and has no plans to do so, they never appeared. Also, the app's icon and the black and white line aesthetic is grating and an assault on the eyes. The icons on the map are cluttered and it's hard for me to research an area other than where I am right now. They're long on the self-congratulatory "lovingly crafted in California" stuff, but the usability and execution are quite lacking, IMO. I'll try it again some time in the future but have gladly retired that bright, harsh icon from my screen for now.
Hess gas stations began converting to Speedway in 2014 and by 2015 hey were all Speedway. That was three years ago. This app lists Hess gas station, all over the place, as a gas station that takes Apple Pay... and when I type in Speedway the only place that comes up is a nearby racetrack. I don’t know if Speedway accepts Apple pay or not, just because they used to be Hess doesn’t mean they have all the same equipment. I also searched for Giant because I know for a fact my local giant takes Apple Pay; zero results within 50+ miles... searched sheetz because I know one local sheetz takes it, but need to see if the closer one does as I need gas in the next six hours before driving home from work.... zero results. So yeah. Update your app so it’s not in a timeframe of 3+ years ago, and maybe I would use it..
Also it’s extremely confusing to get to the search area, plus it enlarges your keyboard for no reason..... and makes you sign up to view specifics of a location. All of that is just annoying. App deleted.
DO NOT DOWNLOAD! (90% of their Data is wrong; Developers don't care!)
In early 2016, I posted on Twitter that the Pay Finders app has about 90% of its data wrong...locations for businesses are miles off of reality; lists places as taking Apple Pay but they don't and never have. The developer sent me a DM asking me to personally send him all of the incorrect data and he would fix it ASAP. That never happened. It's been 6 months since I sent the DM and no updates have been made. 3 times since, I've sent private then public messages to the developer asking when the updates would be made. He has now blocked me on Twitter. The developer doesn't care about the app users. He acknowledges the data is VERY wrong and doesn't make changes. DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS APP. If you already have it, DELETE IT. Send a strong message to the delveioer!
- First American Resources, Inc
- 7.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Pay Finders All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.