PayCheckup helps you perform a check-up on your finances. It estimates next year’s tax return (refund or balance owed), calculates your paycheck tax withholding, and lets you run side-by-side comparisons to optimize your withholding.
Withholding is the tax taken from each paycheck to cover your tax bill. The amount of money withheld is determined by the allowances you claim on your W-4 when you start a new job. Most often, you will not know if you claimed the correct number of allowances until after your tax return is filed. PayCheckup solves this problem for you.
With PayCheckup, the days of guessing about your taxes are over. PayCheckup will help you:
• Generate a quick estimate of next year’s tax return and show whether you can expect a refund or tax bill based on your current allowances or filing status (single vs married).
• See real-time how changing your paycheck withholding will change your take home pay each month and how it will impact your tax bill in April.
• Generate a new W-4 and easily send it to your employer if you decide to change your withholding.
• Fully understand how the money withheld from each paycheck affects your tax bill in April.
PayCheckup supports all types of employment:
• Works great for hourly or salaried workers starting new jobs, or optimizing their allowances
• Accurately calculates for all pay frequencies (weekly, biweekly, monthly, etc)
• Includes State tax withholding calculation for all 50 states and Washington DC
• Optimized for private and public employees by having a pension option
PayCheckup is ideal for new employees trying to set up their withholding for the first time, or anyone looking to adjust their withholding based on the new tax law and/or for any major life changes (new child, big raise, getting married, etc).
If you love what we’ve done so far, or have suggestions for future releases, please let us know. We appreciate your favorable reviews, and welcome your suggestions/feedback at www.paycheckupapp.com
Well, we can't fix the tax reform act or your lousy tax refund from 2018, but we did fix a pension calculation issue for hourly employees. Keep that great feedback coming!
Ratings and Reviews
Taxes are confusing enough but now they change the rules? Help! Thankfully PayCheckup has helped relieve my anxiety by giving me understandable assistance and information on what my new taxes will be. It really takes the stress and uncertainty out of tax time for me! Thanks PayCheckup!
Solves a Problem!
Taxes and withholding have always been very confusing to me, so I am really glad I found out about this app. It helps me predict how much money I’ll be taking home each month and compare changes if I need them. It’s also extremely helpful to see whether I will owe taxes at the end of the year or get a refund. Highly recommend!
Very helpful app
With all the tax law changes, it’s good to have something that’s both useful and up to date. I’m glad I found it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.