Payments on this app are for debts owed to the Defense Finance and Accounting Service. You will receive a debt letter from DFAS via mail or electronic means. Once you have downloaded the app, you scan the QR code on the letter. This will link to your debt account. You will see options for either partial or full payments of your debt. This is the official, secure method of making payments to DFAS.
-User experience updates
Ratings and Reviews
Thanks for taking my money
I don’t think I have to state just how stupid it is that we didn’t get an option to opt out of the social security tax deferment.
What an absolute joke. Being on this app makes me seethe to my core. I’m glad I got out of the service. It’s a far cry from what it once was. It’s just a joke now just like this app. Too bad I can’t leave zero stars because I definitely would. It seems that any software that the government puts out is just 100% garbage. Never works, always has bugs and just all around is extremely unfriendly to use.
I feel bad for some of the people who get debt thrown on them for no reason and have their credit like I did because of the government. Forcing your servicemen and women into debt is a GREAT way to get them to try and recruit others much less reenlist.
I sincerely hope somebody sees this and decides to get out while they still can. Stay strong everyone.
Missing “remaining debt balance”
The app has one job. Collecting money you owe the government. Having my credit threatened over a mistake they made is frustrating, but I had no trouble making a payment with my debit card. The problems I have now are:
1. There’s no automatic recurring payment option - I guess I have to login and do this every month…
2. App doesn’t show the remaining debt balance - so I guess I’m supposed to keep a ledger and just know exactly when it’s time to stop paying them. It would be nice if the app would just say how much I still owe. I have a feeling they won’t be nearly as prompt in paying me back if I overpay them…
It Actually Worked!
I’m genuinely surprised this app worked as well as it did. Based on the majority of negative reviews I almost passed on this one, but I gave it a shot and glad it worked out. My only concern was not seeing the payment go through for a couple days, but it eventually posted to my bank account. I’d recommend giving it a try, and hopefully it works for you as well.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
- 19.2 MB
- Requires iOS 14.8 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.8 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.8 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland 2022