Now there’s more ways to PayPal— buy, sell, send, receive and explore all in one place. It’s a simple and secure way to get paid back for last night’s takeout, send money to friends who have an account with PayPal, buy and checkout with crypto, manage your bills and more. Plus, we’ve added some new features we think you’ll love.
*NEW* FIND DEALS RIGHT IN THE APP
• Get exclusive deals curated just for you right in the PayPal app.
• Earn cash back when you shop in the app.
• Multiply your rewards. Earn them with merchants, your credit cards, and with PayPal.
All rewards programs are subject to applicable terms.
PAY IN 4 WITH PAYPAL
• Buy now and pay later by splitting your purchase into 4 interest-free payments at millions of online retailers with no late fees.
• Just choose PayPal at checkout and select ‘Pay Later’, where you’ll see ‘Pay in 4’ as a way to pay.
• Make the down payment today and pay the rest in 3 payments—one every two weeks.
• Payments are easy to manage through the PayPal app and on PayPal.com.
Loans to California residents are made or arranged pursuant to a California Finance Lenders Law License. PayPal, Inc. is a Georgia Installment Lender Licensee, NMLS #910457. Learn more at paypal.com/payin4
• Buy, sell and hold Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin in the PayPal app.
• Now you can check out with crypto when you pay with PayPal at millions of online merchants.
PayPal Balance account required. Terms apply. Only available in the US and limited in certain states. Buying and selling cryptocurrency is subject to a number of risks and may result in significant losses. You have to report any gains or losses on crypto sales, including when you check out with crypto, on your taxes.
SEND AND REQUEST MONEY FOR FREE
• When funded by a bank account or with your PayPal balance, it’s free and secure to send money or ask for it back from friends and family in the US.
• Just type a name, email or phone number and PayPal will find the right person for you if they have an account.
• Request money quickly and securely from friends or family and personalize your payments with animations, stickers, emojis and more.
GET SPENDING NOTIFICATIONS
• Never miss a thing – stay on top of payments and sending or receiving money, with push notifications.
• Check out all your latest PayPal activity, by just logging in.
• Create, share, and donate to fundraisers with millions of other PayPal users.
• Support a cause you care about by donating to charity right from the app. You can even set your favorite charity and donate at checkout.
Personal or business fundraisers on the Generosity Network may raise up to 20,000.00 USD and run for up to 30 days. You may run 1 Generosity Network fundraiser at a time. You may run multiple fundraisers to benefit charity at the same time, and there is no limit for amount raised.
ACCESS YOUR PAYPAL BALANCE INSTANTLY WITH THE PAYPAL CASH CARD
• Easily transfer funds from your bank balance to your PayPal balance.
• Shop in-store, online or everywhere Mastercard® is accepted and withdraw cash at ATMs worldwide.
• PayPal Balance account required to get the card.
TRUST PAYPAL SECURE TRANSACTIONS
• You can be sure PayPal will help keep your financial information secure, with commercially available encryption and advanced fraud protection. All that plus fraud monitoring transactions, 24/7.
A TOUCH-FREE WAY TO PAY OR BE PAID
• Pay touch-free by scanning a QR code. All you need to do is scan a seller’s QR code when you pay.
• Whatever you’re selling, now you can quickly set up a QR code and get paid in person, all with just your phone.
Not all features may be available in your market.
Do more with PayPal, with more power packed into a single app. Shop the world with ease, send payments near and far, and much more. Find what matters to you and keep track of it more easily by downloading the latest version of the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Works Most of the Time, but Unscrupulous Vendors!
Most of the time it’s terrific, quick and easy to use. However I can’t seem to stay auto logged in. It will work for a while and then start making me log in for every transactions. It will then ask me if I want to auto log in for future transactions on this device. I always check yes and it will work for a while but eventually revert to making me log in every time for every single transaction.
Also I’ve been disappointed with PayPal for some of the scammer vendors that use PayPal. There have been a few that me and many other PayPal customers have complained about through the PayPal Community in Disputes and Limitations for which PP seems to turn a blind eye. One Chinese vendor used a false address and didn’t send the right product (actually sent unusable pieces that didn’t even go together) and then refused to allow me to return it and only offered me a fraction of the price as a refund. When reading other complaints, it’s so obvious that their business practice is simply a scam and that it has no intention of providing anyone with a real product. Yet PayPal continues to allow them to do business through them. Why I can not understand. I’ve actually considered closing my account. I use PP for the convenience but I also felt using it would be a bit more secure and reputable. If this is your reason for using PP, this is not the case.
Loyal member since 1998!
I literally joined when you first launched. Back then I used you for my eBay auctions but I’ve kept you & will keep you as long as you’re around. You are the leader in sending out protected payments (before anyone did it, PayPal protected the user’s bank info) & w how there is so much stolen identity & fraud online, you’ve always been a lifesaver! I’ve had my identity stolen 3 years in a row - info that was taken from Bank of America (either by an employee or hack) because it was the ONLY place I had given all the identifiable info in one place prior to the theft. It was a nightmare to get corrected & I still have snags once in awhile. But w payment services like yours (now we have ApplePay, AmazonPay & even InstagramPay), I don’t have to worry about my info being stolen!
You also make paying others a breeze as many of my charities use you. I always get confirmation emails within seconds of the payment going through. I have never had a single issue w your service except once when I couldn’t remove an old bank account from my profile. But that corrected itself after a few months.
So if I could, I’d give you 10 stars! PayPal is awesome! (Now if your Venmo was as great, but sadly it’s not. Lots of snafus & poor customer service who have no authority to do much of anything.)
In a case of fraud, it took a LOT of effort for PayPal to advocate for me!
Update: it took me several attempts, but PayPal did finally investigate my case and found that the merchant was indeed at fault. PayPal issued me a full refund and I have begun using their services again. PayPal is a little more convenient to use at the point of purchase than credit cards, as it usually requires only a couple of clicks to make a purchase. If they will defend my rights as a consumer as well as credit card companies do, then I no longer have a problem using the app. This is not so much a case of buyer beware anymore. Just buyer, be aware…
My original complaint: I made a purchase using PayPal and I never received the merchandise. PayPal allowed the vendor to charge my card immediately, yet three months later I still had not received my items. PayPal did not help me get a refund. I had to open a time consuming dispute and PayPal ruled in favor of the merchant! The merchant provided a tracking number from China that said the package was delivered to the US (no more specifics were provided!) PayPal ruled in favor of the bogus merchant without any further investigating. Also, navigating the app and Website to complain involved a lengthy case of hide and seek. I recommend making purchases with your credit card instead of PayPal. Your credit card will offer you much better protection in a case of fraud.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PayPal, Inc.
- 485.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Albanian, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © PayPal, Inc
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.