With PBS KIDS ScratchJr, kids can create their own interactive stories and games through programming activities and lessons.
Learn the basics of coding through fun games and activities featuring characters from Wild Kratts, Molly of Denali, Odd Squad, Nature Cat, Arthur, Peg + Cat, and Ready Jet Go! The storytelling possibilities are endless with this creative coding app for children ages 5-8.
Children can express their creativity and make characters move, jump, dance and sing by snapping together colorful programming blocks. This app helps kids learn the foundation of programming and coding concepts in a way that’s fun and easy to learn.
As kids play, they’ll learn to solve problems, design projects and express themselves creatively.
With PBS KIDS ScratchJr, young kids can play and practice early school concepts at home. Download this fun educational app to get started!
PBS KIDS ScratchJr Features:
- Colorful Programming Blocks teach basic coding concepts
- Play and learn by snapping together the color-coded motion, sound, look, trigger and control blocks
- Use programming concepts to create sequences that cause characters to animate
- Program characters to interact in fun and exciting ways
- Learn problem solving techniques
PBS KIDS Characters and Backgrounds
- 150+ PBS KIDS characters to mix and match
- Children can create projects based on their favorite shows, including:
- Wild Kratts
- Molly of Denali
- Odd Squad
- Nature Cat
- Peg +Cat
- Ready Jet Go
- And more!
- Create characters and backgrounds
- Painting made simple on illustration grids
- Paint characters from PBS KIDS shows
- Express creativity by painting
- Use the recording tool to add sounds and your voice to projects
- Voice characters from PBS KIDS shows
- Looking for inspiration? Eight Story Starters in the app are a great place to start
- Each Story Starter features a different set of characters from PBS KIDS shows
- Kids can create the stories they want with Story Starters
- Encourage children to edit and complete the story however they’d like
Introduce children to the basics of coding while having fun with PBS KIDS characters. Start learning, programming, painting, drawing and creating interactive stories.
Download PBS KIDS ScratchJr today!
PBS KIDS ScratchJr is only available for iPad.
For more PBS KIDS apps, visit http://www.pbskids.org/apps
For more on ScratchJr, visit http://www.scratchjr.org
Our support email is email@example.com. Please reach out with feedback and suggestions!
PBS KIDS ScratchJr is a collaboration between PBS, Tufts University, the MIT Media Lab, and the Playful Invention Company. The PBS KIDS logo & PBS KIDS® PBS. Used with permission. ScratchJr logo is used with permission. PBS is not affiliated with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology or Tufts University.
Now including characters from Molly of Denali!
Ratings and Reviews
I love it
So I LOVE this game but can you add a search bar cuz I can’t find my story called: the pre precrol of fried chicken it sounds weird but that’s me anyway add a search bar plz plz then I’ll give it a 5 star rating
First try awesome!
I installed this app yesterday and I love it! 2 problems, every time I make a new slide, Dot appears and she won’t dissapear! The second problem is that the How-to video won’t play.
Plz add more!!
Creators Of PBS Kids ScratchJr, please use these suggestions to change PBS Kids ScratchJr. 1.You Can Add As Many Pages As You Can. 2.You can add titles to a specific page. .3.Add Shows Like Let's Go Luna, Dinosaur Train, Elinor Wonders Why, and Hero Elementary!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PBS Kids
- 132.9 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 6–8
- © 2022 Public Broadcasting Service