PBS Video features thousands of full-length episodes, Live TV from your local PBS station, award-winning documentaries, and iconic series from PBS and member stations. Stream popular PBS shows anytime, anywhere!
Stream your favorite TV shows or discover new ones live or on demand with PBS Video. Watch all your favorites, from documentaries and independent films to dramas and musicals.
Catch up on your favorite shows or discover new episodes from Masterpiece, Ken Burns, NOVA, Nature, PBS NewsHour, Frontline, Antiques Roadshow, Finding Your Roots, American Experience, American Masters, Independent Lens, POV, Great Performances, Call the Midwife, and so much more. New videos are added daily.
Stream popular TV shows, documentaries, films, performances, and more with PBS Video.
PBS VIDEO FEATURES:
STREAM LIVE AND LOCAL
- Stream PBS shows on demand
- Watch your local PBS station’s live stream and catch up on the latest releases
- Explore a rich and varied selection of new shows and videos from the PBS archives
- Create a custom watchlist for easy viewing later
- Connect with your local PBS station and watch live TV
- Access an expanded library of acclaimed PBS programming
WATCH TV SHOWS ON DEMAND
- Watch TV shows on demand with PBS Video
- From drama and romance to murder and mystery, find something you love
- Watch new series and your all-time favorites
STREAM ALL KINDS OF CONTENT
- Explore a rich and varied selection of new shows and videos from PBS archives
- Enjoy specially curated playlists, digital shorts, extended interviews, extras, and more
- Watch documentaries, television, films, and TV shows
EXPLORE A VARIETY OF SHOWS AND GENRES
- Get swept away with dramas: All Creatures Great and Small, Miss Scarlet and the Duke, Poldark, Vienna Blood, Grantchester, Sanditon, World on Fire, Baptiste, Call the Midwife, Jamestown, and more.
- Foreign Dramas: Professor T, Seaside Hotel, and Thou Shalt Not Kill.
- News & Public Affairs: Thought-provoking programs from PBS NewsHour, Frontline, Amanpour and Company, Firing Line, and Washington Week.
- Discover new perspectives: award-winning films and documentaries from Ken Burns, Independent Lens, POV, Reel South, and the PBS Short Film Festival.
- Learn how history shapes our present with Antiques Roadshow, American Experience, American Masters, Origin of Everything, and Finding Your Roots, and more.
- Take a front-row seat with arts and performances from Great Performances, Live from Lincoln Center, Austin City Limits, Now Hear This, Sound Field, and more.
- Explore astonishing new worlds with science and nature programming from NOVA, Nature, Deep Look, Expedition, and more.
WHAT’S NEW ON PBS
- Muhammad Ali (KEN BURNS)
- Guilt (MASTERPIECE)
- Sandra Day O’Connor: The First (AMERICAN EXPERIENCE)
- WICKED in Concert
- Call The Midwife S10
WHAT IS PBS PASSPORT?
Passport is an added benefit of station membership. By donating to your local PBS station you can:
- Get extended access to past and current seasons of popular shows, like Downton Abbey and All Creatures Great and Small.
- Binge watch new series and your favorite PBS programs, like Finding Your Roots.
- Stream early releases and special collections, like Ken Burns films.
- PBS Video: https://www.pbs.org/videoapp
- PBS Passport: https://pbs.org/getpassport
- PBS Support: https://help.pbs.org/
PBS offers all Americans the opportunity to explore new worlds through trusted, educational television and digital content. With PBS, viewers can experience the worlds of science, history, nature and public affairs; hear diverse viewpoints; and take front row seats to world-class drama and performances.
- iOS 15 compatibility improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Nicely designed app, consider alternate fundraising
I liked the app, and it is nice to watch the shows on demand rather than on the station schedule.
After reading some of the comments of those disappointed about the premium content (which I don’t pay for), I think they have a point. Streaming doesn’t have the same costs as broadcast — it’s more expensive at scale since they have to pay for every stream and not just a fixed cost of transmission.
But I don’t think that having a tiered haves-vs-have-nots model is a good idea. Maybe they should have campaigns to unlock free content for everyone — like a kickstarter. I think there may be a lot of creative ways instead of following the same big tech and for profit models and we need public interest media to rethink this.
Great App to Watch Great PBS Shows
I love the app. I think it is wonderful to be able to watch PBS shows on my iPhone and iPad. With PBS Passport, we get to watch lots of classic and current PBS shows. You have to donate $60 a year to your local PBS station to have access to Passport, which you can do for $5 a month. I personally don’t view this as paying to watch all these great PBS show. I contribute $60 every year to my Local PBS channel because I believe it is important to fund them so we can get this type of great programming and shows on my tv. I find access to PBS Passport an added bonus.
I think that without the donation you might be able to watch current episodes of shows for free but I am not sure. Since I have access to Passport, I can watch everything. You can download the free app and see if you can watch current episodes without paying extra for Passport, which gives you access to much more programming.
One really nice feature with Passport is that for many new shows, when the first episode runs on your local PBS station, you can watch the entire season at once through Passport on the app. This is great for those who like to binge watch or can’t wait a week to see what happens in the next episode.
Love the content but frustrated with the app
Update: I received a nice reply from the PBS Video Team although they were unable to help without more information from me. In the meantime, however, I am no longer experiencing the glitch. Not sure what happened, but it’s all good now.
I really enjoy most of the PBS programming and I’m happy to be a Passport member. I use my Apple TV to watch. However, there have been a couple of times recently when I’m watching a program and another program’s audio starts running in the background simultaneously with the audio of the program I’m watching. The only way I’m able to get rid of the second audio is to delete and reinstall the app. That’s not a reasonable process because it’s too cumbersome. A quick search of their support issues did not find a different solution. I hope they fix this bug soon!
Developer Response ,
Hi JackieJ., we're sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with audio through the app on your Apple TV. Our team would like to offer our assistance, but will need more information about your device. Please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Hope this helps! - PBS Video Team
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Public Broadcasting Service
- 67.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 11.2 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2021 Public Broadcasting Service
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.