PBS Video features thousands of full-length episodes, the latest news, live TV from your local PBS station, award-winning documentaries, and iconic series from PBS and member stations. Watch TV and stream your favorite PBS shows anytime, anywhere!
Streaming and watching TV is made easy with PBS Video. Watch series you love and discover brand new shows, live or on demand, with PBS’s streaming TV app. Unlike conventional streaming apps, PBS Video lets you access local TV live! Watch all your favorites, from documentaries to indie films, TV shows to musicals.
Watch series, catch up on your favorite TV shows, and discover new episodes from Masterpiece, Ken Burns, NOVA, Nature, PBS NewsHour, Frontline, Antiques Roadshow, Finding Your Roots, American Experience, American Masters, Independent Lens, POV, Great Performances, Call the Midwife and so much more. Watch new videos that are added daily.
Watch TV at your convenience by downloading the PBS Video App to your mobile device, tablet, computer, or TV. Add popular documentary films, TV shows, performances and more to your watchlist for easy viewing later.
PBS VIDEO FEATURES:
STREAM LOCAL & LIVE TV
- Watching TV is more convenient with PBS Video
- Stream PBS shows on demand and watch live TV
- Watch and catch up on the latest releases
- Watch local TV channels by connecting to your local PBS station
- Access an expanded library of acclaimed PBS programming
WATCH TV SHOWS ON DEMAND
- Watch TV shows on demand with PBS Video
- TV shows of all genres - from drama and romance to murder and mystery
- Watch a new series and your all-time favorites
- Save episodes of your favorite TV shows to a custom watchlist
STREAM A VARIETY OF CONTENT
- Watch a new TV show or explore videos from the PBS archives
- Stream specially curated playlists, short films, interviews, extras, and more
- Binge TV shows of all genres on the PBS Video app
- Watch films, documentaries and TV shows
WATCH TV SERIES ACROSS MULTIPLE GENRES
- Enjoy the best of streaming and entertainment with PBS Video
- Drama: All Creatures Great and Small, Miss Scarlet and the Duke, Poldark, Vienna Blood, Grantchester, Sanditon, World on Fire, Baptiste, Call the Midwife, Jamestown, and more.
- Foreign Dramas: Professor T, Seaside Hotel, and Thou Shalt Not Kill.
- News & Public Affairs: Programs from PBS NewsHour, Frontline, Amanpour and Company, Firing Line, and Washington Week.
- Award-Winning Films & Documentaries: Discover new perspectives with Ken Burns, Independent Lens, POV, Reel South, and the PBS Short Film Festival.
- History: Antiques Roadshow, American Experience, American Masters, Origin of Everything, and Finding Your Roots, and more.
- Arts & Performances: Great Performances, Live from Lincoln Center, Austin City Limits, Now Hear This, Sound Field, and more.
- Science & Nature: Explore astonishing new worlds from NOVA, Nature, Deep Look, Expedition, and more.
WATCH MORE WITH PBS PASSPORT
Passport is an added benefit of station membership. By donating to your local PBS station you can:
- Stream an expanded library of acclaimed PBS programming
- Extended and exclusive access to 1,500+ episodes of your favorite shows
- Watch past and current seasons of popular shows like Downton Abbey & All Creatures Great and Small
- Binge watch new TV series and your favorite PBS programs, like Finding Your Roots
- Stream early releases and special collections, like Ken Burns films and Antiques Roadshow.
WHAT’S NEW ON PBS
- Magpie Murders
- Making Black America
- Miss Scarlet and the Duke Season 2
- Independent Lens: TikTok, Boom.
- La Otra Mirada
Watch TV anywhere and stream PBS Video today.
- PBS Video: https://www.pbs.org/videoapp
- PBS Passport: https://pbs.org/getpassport
- PBS Support: https://help.pbs.org/
PBS offers all Americans the opportunity to explore new worlds through trusted, educational television and digital content.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great App to Watch Great PBS Shows
I love the app. I think it is wonderful to be able to watch PBS shows on my iPhone and iPad. With PBS Passport, we get to watch lots of classic and current PBS shows. You have to donate $60 a year to your local PBS station to have access to Passport, which you can do for $5 a month. I personally don’t view this as paying to watch all these great PBS show. I contribute $60 every year to my Local PBS channel because I believe it is important to fund them so we can get this type of great programming and shows on my tv. I find access to PBS Passport an added bonus.
I think that without the donation you might be able to watch current episodes of shows for free but I am not sure. Since I have access to Passport, I can watch everything. You can download the free app and see if you can watch current episodes without paying extra for Passport, which gives you access to much more programming.
One really nice feature with Passport is that for many new shows, when the first episode runs on your local PBS station, you can watch the entire season at once through Passport on the app. This is great for those who like to binge watch or can’t wait a week to see what happens in the next episode.
Emmett Till American Experience
Emmett Till was murdered 10 years before I was born. Our government did not give justice to this death. On January 6, 2021 we are still paying the price of ignoring racism. White Supremus raise their children, their grandchildren, their great grandchildren to Hate. The people that stormed our capital are the same people that are happy that Emmett Till was murdered. Thank you for sharing the truth. I know this Hate because my cousin stormed the capital. He now brags about how nothing was done to him. He went to court but only got 20 days that he can serve on the weekends. He was in Nancy Pelosi‘s‘s office, he videotaped it and put it on social media and no one cares. I am hated by that part of my family and they refused to speak to me because I said to my cousin you are a traitor of the United States! This show has helped me to have a strong resolve and I will not ignore this hate!! There must be justice given or it will continue to the next generation!!!
White Detroit girl finds her black heritage
I loved this show and it’s the first time I saw it. I recently was contacted by a distant relative who showed me my family tree. I always thought I was a white girl who became an actress and the singer and an artist, and then found my family roots. I am proud to say that my great grandmother from Ireland came to Detroit and married a black man and they had 10 children. He was murdered because society thought it was an unacceptable relationship but I am proud to say that my great grandfather, and his father and his father we’re all conductors in the underground railroad in Detroit and Ohio. I even have letters of them hiding slaves under a kitchen floor before moving them to freedom. This knowledge has changed my life and I am so proud of my ethnicity and now that I live in Raleigh, North Carolina, I know that many of my prejudiced, white neighbors probably have black heritage and don’t even know it. The truth is a beautiful thing. Susan Brabeau.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Public Broadcasting Service
- 62.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2021 Public Broadcasting Service