PBS: Watch Live TV Shows 12+
Indie Movies and Documentaries
Designed for iPad
PBS Video features thousands of full-length episodes, the latest news, live TV from your local PBS station, award-winning documentaries, and iconic series from PBS and member stations. Watch TV and stream your favorite PBS shows anytime, anywhere!
Streaming and watching TV is made easy with PBS Video. Watch series you love and discover brand new shows, live or on demand, with PBS’s streaming TV app. Unlike conventional streaming apps, PBS Video lets you access local TV live! Watch all your favorites, from documentaries to indie films, TV shows to musicals.
Watch series, catch up on your favorite TV shows, and discover new episodes from Masterpiece, Ken Burns, NOVA, Nature, PBS NewsHour, Frontline, Antiques Roadshow, Finding Your Roots, American Experience, American Masters, Independent Lens, POV, Great Performances, Call the Midwife and so much more. Watch new videos that are added daily.
Watch TV at your convenience by downloading the PBS Video App to your mobile device, tablet, computer, or TV. Add popular documentary films, TV shows, performances and more to your watchlist for easy viewing later.
PBS VIDEO FEATURES:
STREAM LOCAL & LIVE TV
- Watching TV is more convenient with PBS Video
- Stream PBS shows on demand and watch live TV
- Watch and catch up on the latest releases
- Watch local TV channels by connecting to your local PBS station
- Access an expanded library of acclaimed PBS programming
WATCH TV SHOWS ON DEMAND
- Watch TV shows on demand with PBS Video
- TV shows of all genres - from drama and romance to murder and mystery
- Watch a new series and your all-time favorites
- Save episodes of your favorite TV shows to a custom watchlist
STREAM A VARIETY OF CONTENT
- Watch a new TV show or explore videos from the PBS archives
- Stream specially curated playlists, short films, interviews, extras, and more
- Binge TV shows of all genres on the PBS Video app
- Watch films, documentaries and TV shows
WATCH TV SERIES ACROSS MULTIPLE GENRES
- Enjoy the best of streaming and entertainment with PBS Video
- Drama: All Creatures Great and Small, Miss Scarlet and the Duke, Poldark, Vienna Blood, Grantchester, Sanditon, World on Fire, Baptiste, Call the Midwife, Jamestown, and more.
- Foreign Dramas: Professor T, Seaside Hotel, and Thou Shalt Not Kill.
- News & Public Affairs: Programs from PBS NewsHour, Frontline, Amanpour and Company, Firing Line, and Washington Week.
- Award-Winning Films & Documentaries: Discover new perspectives with Ken Burns, Independent Lens, POV, Reel South, and the PBS Short Film Festival.
- History: Antiques Roadshow, American Experience, American Masters, Origin of Everything, and Finding Your Roots, and more.
- Arts & Performances: Great Performances, Live from Lincoln Center, Austin City Limits, Now Hear This, Sound Field, and more.
- Science & Nature: Explore astonishing new worlds from NOVA, Nature, Deep Look, Expedition, and more.
WATCH MORE WITH PBS PASSPORT
Passport is an added benefit of station membership. By donating to your local PBS station you can:
- Stream an expanded library of acclaimed PBS programming
- Extended and exclusive access to 1,500+ episodes of your favorite shows
- Watch past and current seasons of popular shows like Downton Abbey & All Creatures Great and Small
- Binge watch new TV series and your favorite PBS programs, like Finding Your Roots
- Stream early releases and special collections, like Ken Burns films and Antiques Roadshow.
WHAT’S NEW ON PBS
- Magpie Murders
- Making Black America
- Miss Scarlet and the Duke Season 2
- Independent Lens: TikTok, Boom.
- La Otra Mirada
Watch TV anywhere and stream PBS Video today.
- PBS Video: https://www.pbs.org/videoapp
- PBS Passport: https://pbs.org/getpassport
- PBS Support: https://help.pbs.org/
PBS offers all Americans the opportunity to explore new worlds through trusted, educational television and digital content.
Ratings and Reviews
Great App to Watch Great PBS Shows
I love the app. I think it is wonderful to be able to watch PBS shows on my iPhone and iPad. With PBS Passport, we get to watch lots of classic and current PBS shows. You have to donate $60 a year to your local PBS station to have access to Passport, which you can do for $5 a month. I personally don’t view this as paying to watch all these great PBS show. I contribute $60 every year to my Local PBS channel because I believe it is important to fund them so we can get this type of great programming and shows on my tv. I find access to PBS Passport an added bonus.
I think that without the donation you might be able to watch current episodes of shows for free but I am not sure. Since I have access to Passport, I can watch everything. You can download the free app and see if you can watch current episodes without paying extra for Passport, which gives you access to much more programming.
One really nice feature with Passport is that for many new shows, when the first episode runs on your local PBS station, you can watch the entire season at once through Passport on the app. This is great for those who like to binge watch or can’t wait a week to see what happens in the next episode.
Emmett Till American Experience
Emmett Till was murdered 10 years before I was born. Our government did not give justice to this death. On January 6, 2021 we are still paying the price of ignoring racism. White Supremus raise their children, their grandchildren, their great grandchildren to Hate. The people that stormed our capital are the same people that are happy that Emmett Till was murdered. Thank you for sharing the truth. I know this Hate because my cousin stormed the capital. He now brags about how nothing was done to him. He went to court but only got 20 days that he can serve on the weekends. He was in Nancy Pelosi‘s‘s office, he videotaped it and put it on social media and no one cares. I am hated by that part of my family and they refused to speak to me because I said to my cousin you are a traitor of the United States! This show has helped me to have a strong resolve and I will not ignore this hate!! There must be justice given or it will continue to the next generation!!!
Great, but pay model needs help
I love the App and want more than anything to see PBS gain more momentum without falling into the capitalist trap of conforming to viewership views to bring in dollars. I’m not sure how that can be done while also enriching the access experience.
What I mean is, I would love to simply sign up through the app and pay for it monthly but not dramatically effect the way that PBS is able to sustain. The advantage of the pay model is that the content could potentially increase in quality and in quantity but there is a lot more to maintaining public television than simply scuttling funds toward content and so my thought is either allow users to select a monthly contribution of their choice or I’d even be willing to pay as much as $20 a month.
I don’t know what the best solution is. All I know is that as of today, accessing additional content can be cumbersome and confusing and because there is no way to upgrade through the app nor manage your account you can end up with multiple accounts or funding going to the wrong networks. I ended up sending donations to the network out of Pennsylvanian rather than my local network and then had to reach out to them to directly to cancel my donations.
If the app could become the primary place to manage funding, accounts and networks to reduce the complexity I’d be more than grateful.
Also, please take advantage of being able to migrate existing accounts to Login with Apple.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Public Broadcasting Service
- 64.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2021 Public Broadcasting Service