PCWorld helps you navigate the computer ecosystem to find the products you want and the advice you need to get the job done. PCWorld offers buying advice through opinionated reviews of new products, provides authoritative analysis of technology news and trends, and gives practical tips on everything from troubleshooting Windows to securing wireless networks. Engaging, jargon-free writing and friendly design make the magazine as enjoyable as it is useful.
PCWorld Magazine is published 12 times a year.
• 1-year subscription - $19.99, automatically renewed until canceled
• 1-month subscription - $1.99, automatically renewed until canceled
• Single-issue - $7.99
SUBSCRIBERS’ AUTOMATIC-RENEWAL FEATURE:
Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal, as stated above, within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Current subscriptions may not be cancelled during the active subscription period, but you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://www.idg.com/terms-of-service-agreement/
• OPTIMIZED FOR YOUR DEVICE: Easily toggle between the traditional magazine layout and the innovative text mode for a seamless reading experience, built for your iOS device
• OFFLINE READING: Download your magazines to your device to read them whenever and wherever you want, even without an internet connection
• BOOKMARK AND SHARE: Bookmark articles to read later, or share them with your friends
• TEXT TO SPEECH: Listen to your favorite magazines and all of your articles on the go
• NEW ISSUE ALERTS: Be the first to read the latest issues of your favorite magazines with new issue reminders
New & Improved App Features:
• Optimized for your Device: Enjoy a seamless reading experience, built for your iOS device
• Offline Reading: Download issues to your device to read them whenever and wherever you want, even without an internet connection
• Bookmark & Share: Bookmark articles to read later, or share them with your friends
• Text to Speech: Listen to your favorite magazines and all of your articles on the go
• Issue Alerts: Be the first to read the latest issue with new issue reminders
You will need to sign in or restore your purchases and download your issues again. Further instructions can be found within the app once updated.
Ratings and Reviews
Miserable experience and miserable app
Just received my last print edition of PC World, so I thought I would give the digital a try. I read other digital publications and some of these are well done. Sadly, this is not one of them. To start with, it is very slow to download, even on a fast internet connection, and is a resource hog. Don't even think about doing anything or running any other programs while this pig is running. Second big issue, you cannot read in landscape orientation, vertical only. So, if a user like me used a keyboard case for their iPad, they have to take the iPad out to read this crummy application, or turn their head 90 degrees. I tried this and got a headache. I tried to access the PC edition, and the web site at Zinio does not work. Sigh. The editors can slather all of the lipstick they want onto this Pig, but in the end it is still a Pig. Sorry to see a good publication go, but I am canceling my subscription and getting my money back. The editors at PC World do not deserve my money or loyalty any longer, they have screwed their loyal customer base for the sake of additional profits. Bye Bye PC World.
Unreliable, unpredictable and Unacceptable
When this publisher switched from print to digital several years ago, it seems to some of us that they jumped without looking. The app was poor quality from the start and apparently hasn’t gotten much better, In fairness it has occasionally had moments where the app has worked, but once again, it fails to work at all. I could list a lot of issues, but it all boils down to the fact that a technical publisher can’t seem to get their own technical act together to design a predictable, reliable app to service their paying customers. Hey, PCWorld—you guys listening? What are you doing to earn the loyalty of your customers?? Do you even care??
You give us an 'update'. Usually these things are an improvement, but not this time. I prefer the previous version, cos the way the articles were shown was much better than being forced to look at every single page of articles that I have no interest in. Then I download the September issue, looking forward to reading it. I got the lead page of the 4 reasons this person switched to bing, but nothing else!!! The article thumbnails show no problem, but the rest of the mag is non-existant!
GIVE US BACK THE PREVIOUS VERSION!!!
- IDG Communications Inc.
- 125.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2019 IDG Consumer & SMB, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month | PCWorld Magazine $1.99
- PCWorld May 2017 $6.99
- PCWorld September 2015 $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.