PDF Reader is a powerful PDF solution for your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Any PDF expert or manager can use PDF Reader to annotate, edit, combine, convert, encrypt, scan, and sign PDF documents, wherever you are at school, work, home, or on the go. With PDF Reader, you will enjoy consistent PDF-editing capabilities on all your devices.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Featured as “10 Essentials” in Utility on iTunes
- Featured in “10 Best PDF Reader Apps For iPhone & iPad 2019” by FOSSBYTES
- Featured as “Best Utility App” in App Store Rewind
- Recommended by Techradar, Techworm, and Softonic
EDIT TEXT & PDF
• Replace, add, or delete text in PDFs directly
• Change text size & color
• Add PDF headers and footers with page numbers or text labels
• Apply Bates numbering to your legal, medical, and business records
• Add and replace PDF background with an image or a solid color
• Print PDFs as booklets, posters, and handouts
• Create an outline for PDFs
• Recognize & extract text from PDFs
• Export OCR results as text or searchable PDFs
• Support 50+ languages
• Add passwords to protect PDFs from being viewed
• Customize permissions to restrict editing, copying, and printing
• Add & remove PDF watermarks
• Support built-in and cloud converter
• PDF to Word, Excel, PPT & image conversions (docx, xlsx, pptx, jpg, png, gif & bmp).
• Create PDFs from images, web pages & clipboard content
• Merge & split PDFs
• Change PDF background color
• Append pages from another PDF to the existing file
• Extract, rotate, delete, rearrange & crop pages
• Fill out & edit forms
• Create fillable forms with buttons, checkboxes, and list boxes
• View multiple PDFs as tabs
• View PDF in single-page or double-page view.
• Dark mode supported (available for iOS13 & macOS Mojave and later)
• Present a PDF as a slideshow
• Convert text to spoken audio (text-to-speech)
ANNOTATE & REVIEW PDF
• Annotate PDFs with highlights, underlines, strikeout text, shapes, sticky notes & text boxes
• Create signatures using trackpad, keyboard, or images
• Add pre-designed stamps, including Approved, Sign Here, Confidential, and more
• Add custom stamps with time and date information
• Insert hyperlinks to external websites, target pages, and email address
• Add tables with rows and columns
• Download files on Google Drive & Dropbox without leaving PDF Reader
• Create shortcuts to import local folders connecting with PDF Reader
• Organize files with tags
• Send faxes directly from within the app
Unlock the full PDF Reader experience with a Document 365 subscription for your phone, tablet, PC, and Mac.
DOCUMENT 365 (Access to all platforms, with 1 TB Kdan Cloud storage)
• Annual plan: billed annually at $59.99/year after the 7-day trial ends
• Quarterly plan: billed quarterly at $19.99/quarter after 3-day trial ends
• Monthly plan: billed monthly at $9.99/monthly after 3-day trial ends
LIFETIME LICENSE (Unlock the Mac app without cloud services)
• Pro License: one-time purchase for $119.99 (include built-in converter)
• Standard License: one-time purchase for $89.99 (without converter)
Subscriptions will be charged through your iTunes account at the confirmation of purchase. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration, and at the present subscription price. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
Terms of service: https://www.kdanmobile.com/terms_of_service
Got a question? Contact us at email@example.com or check out https://support.kdanmobile.com
The update includes the following changes:
■ Overall performance and stability improvements
Please leave a review for PDF Reader if you're enjoying it!
Ratings and Reviews
Its OK but...
Im no fan of Adobe, so I tried this alternative but its lacking in some basic features.
This does do basic virewing and printing of complete files acceptabley, But…
It wont let me print a custom list of pages like Adobe does, Like Print Pages 1,4,7, 12-20, 72. Instead I would have to print each of those pages or ranges, one at a time.
First, it starts off im Thumbnail mode all the time, cant seem to turn that off as a startup feature. Only developers need theumbnail mode, the rest of us just want to view pages in as full a screen real estate as possible. Also, the search feature is weird - it presents the hourglass for several seconds as you beging to type the first letter or letters of the search word, and it crashes ofetn after one or more searches. It doesnt highlight the search results on the viewable page, instead it opens a search results thumbnail list on the left of the scren even though search box is on the right and displayed page is in the middle.
Also, there should be a navigation pane that displays current page number and first and last page number that lets you quickly navigate to top, bottom or a specific page number.
Developer Response ,
Hi HomeDocNY, Thanks for your review. You can export select pages as a new PDF and print as one. Here is a tutorial https://support.kdanmobile.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000608514-How-to-Export-Selected-Pages-as-a-New-Separate-PDF.
Also, for the thumbnail mode as you referring to when it displays the list of files? If so there is a thumbnail and list icon in the bottom right-hand corner, just click the list icon to switch the viewing mode, if you are referring to something else, please kindly email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with more details and we'd be happy to assist you.
great but would be even better w some improvements
i switched from adobe to this app because of how slow adobe became on my mac even tho it's updated to the latest version. I solely used it to view my textbooks and do some little highlighting here and there, sometimes printing but not musch really. AND, let me tell you, the moment i launched this app, it felt so fast compared to adobe. also, it felt so intuitive and way easier to use for someone who doesn't know much about how pdf readers work. What i love about it is the different colors of highlight i can pin on the toolbar and switch from and how it doesn't crash or lag obvs. tho, some improvements for features could go a long way such as improving the pen tool and the drawing tools in general because when i freely draw a line or insert a shape it takes a while to appear on the screen and sometimes i have to close and reopen the app to see it after saving it. also, more printing options could be better as well because the printing box has fewer options than adobe's to be used for printing.
Developer Response ,
Hello Hébâ, thank you so much for rooting for us! We will definitely continue optimizing our app to provide a better service for you. :) For the save issue, you could use "⌘command + S" to easily save the edited file. If you choose to "Automatically save the change when closing a document" in PDF Reader > Preference for setting, any change will be auto-saved! Please feel free to give it a try. For more tutorial article, please visit our Knowledge Base, https://support.kdanmobile.com/hc/en-us/categories/204531528-. Moreover, could you please let us know more detail regarding the pen tool and drawing tool? Please contact us at email@example.com with your device information, OS system, does this issue happen to all files and will it also happen in built-in "Preview"on Mac, thank you!
Squirrely, but manageable
This program mostly does what I need it to do for free. I just needed to annotate my PDF calendar that I distribute. It does basic functions, but when it comes to editing, it's SUPER SQUIRRELY!! Trying to edit annotations that previously been added to the calendar is SOOOOOOO ANNOYING!!! As soon as you click on text items, even to move it, it automatically changes the text font and size, which then requires me to reset the font and size for every item I have to move. For lines and shapes, if I modify them, they automatically move to another location on the document (the same location every time) and I have to move them back. Thats rediculous. I would pay money to unlock additional features, but not for an application that's so unrefined.
Developer Response ,
Hi There, thanks for your review. We'd like to hear more kind suggestions from you to help us improve the app. We are happy to hear more from you at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kdan Mobile Software LTD
- 53.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2023 Kdan Mobile Software Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Document 365 $59.99
- Document 365 $19.99
- Document 365 $9.99
- Permanent License $119.99
- Creativity 365 $9.99
- PDF Reader Standard $89.99
- Kdan Cloud $2.99
- kdan credit pack - 20 credits $1.99
- Creativity 365 $19.99
- Kdan Cloud $9.99