PDF Toolbox provides a set of utility functions for better working with PDF files.
It lets you easily combine multiple PDF files into one, extract or insert pages, protect your PDF files with password and restrictions, compress your PDF files to smaller file size, or even ajust your PDF with preset color filters.
Combine PDF files
- Import multiple files and merge them into one within seconds.
Extract Pages from PDF file
- Extract only even or odd pages
- Extract all pages into separate files
- Extract any pages you want
Encrypt PDF files
- Add open password to protect your PDF files from unauthorized access
- Add restrictions to prevent other copying or printing the content
- Process a batch of PDF files at one time
Insert Pages into PDF
- Insert pages from one PDF to another
- Arrange page sequence as you wish
- Remove any pages out of a PDF file
Compress PDF file
- Reduce file size of a PDF files mainly by reducing the image quality and scaling efficiently.
- 10 preset compress options to meet your different demands
- Use JPEG method, get high quality but smaller file after compression
- Quickly assign color profiles to PDF, such as turn PDF into black/white, blue tone etc.
- Increase or decrease lightness, especially useful for making scanned PDF more clear.
1. Various bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Interesting app, could be useful for manipulating PDFs
At $0.99 I felt that I got my money's worth.
"Combine" function works exactly as one would expect. Only minor change in file size as incrementally done by adding pages.
"Extract" function works well. However, even a single extracted file is a major percentage of original size.
"Encrypt" was easy to set up and worked exactly as expected. Able to encrypt both original and control permission to print.
"Insert" function works exactly as expected. Easy to select files and only slightly awkward to insert at specified location.
"Compress" function hardly seemed to have any effect at first. The key is to know that a file with a lot of text and minimal graphics will show very small compression. Files with a major amount of graphics have several handy compression factors. Even smallest sized compression was still legible for viewing, but may not be useful for sharing or printing.
"Color Tuner" was a little of a surprise. The colors shifted exactly as expected, but was not prepared for the enormous change in file size. 250% was easily the average change in size.
Works well and fast; some obvious missing features
Used this to break apart a massive PDF service manual into digestable chunks. This tool did a great job of splitting the pages up, but left a little to be desired:
1. Table of contents is completely lost. You get the pages, but no organization to navigate them.
2. Output is to the same name document in a new folder even when outputting a specific range (ie, a single file output). For my purposes, I output to a particular folder and then used Finder to rename the file to name it according to the service manual section. It would be great to be able to do that in the app instead.
Aside from those caveats, though, this was a superb tool for quickly splitting the document up and re-assembling task-specific customized manuals.
Fantastic App and Great Support
Moving to a SSD makes this invaluable. Find all your bloated pdf's and shrink them. Had a question (operator error on my part) customer support got right back with me with an answer and even folled up to be sure all was well! Highly recommend
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.