PDFCombo is a simple utility to combine PDF documents - with special consideration for the table of contents (TOC) in the PDFs. You may choose to preserve any existing table of contents in the PDFs, or automatically add a new top-level TOC entry for every PDF.
In a long PDF document, a table of contents makes it easy to navigate within the document in any PDF-reading app.
Use PDFCombo in these ways:
• Print from any app to PDFCombo using the Print to PDF... feature in OS X
• Print articles from Safari's reading view into PDFCombo to consolidate your research into one PDF
• Combine related Microsoft Word and PowerPoint documents into a PDF with a convenient table of contents sidebar
Tip: You can use the Option CMD S shortcut to quickly create the combined PDF and have the PDF open in the default PDF reader. You can then drag the PDF into any other app such as Evernote or DevonThink for archiving or annotations.
A new app, PDFSpeech, extends the functionality in PDFCombo. PDFSpeech can create PDF Packs not only with PDFs, but also with any rich text content copied to the clipboard, and even with selected pages that were copied from PDFs open in Preview.
* Copy multiple-pages from a PDF open in Preview app and paste into PDF- Combo to shape into a PDF pack. To comply with sandboxing, the PDFCombo app may request your permission to read the multi-page PDF content copied from the Preview app.
* New Help button on main user interface opens the PDFCombo User Guide.
* Bug fix: File > Save... menu command was incorrectly grayed out.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Exactly what I needed
I need to combine music arrangments into one file with a Table of Contents (for better use with the excellent forScore iPad app), and up until now the only program I had found that could do this was Adobe Acrobat Pro (and the version I had an old license for no longer works on newer Mac OS updates). There are a ton of solutions to merge PDF’s (including build in ones like Automator), but none of them are able to do the simple step of creating the TOC with the filenames of the merged files, which is critical.
I would love for the app to be scriptable to enable more automated workflows for batch processing (an Automator action would be amazing), but given that it is literally the only solution out there short of giving lots of money regularly to Adobe, does it perfectly, and does it for free, I won’t knock off any stars for my wishlist.
I wish I found this app a long time ago - well done!
Replaced my Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional!!
PDF combo has allowed me to finally upgrade to Yosemite! I’ve been cutting the bindings off my books and scanning them so I can digitize my library. For the past 5 years I have been happily using ScanSnap S1500M & the bundled Adobe Acrobat Pro 8 software to combine PDFS and create a TOC. Unfortunately, Adobe Acrobat Pro 8 doesn’t work with Yosemite and this was one of the few solutions that could take large PDFS (500MB+) and create a combined PDF with TOC. Thanks PDF Combo!
Does what it says
It works, what more can I say? I tried several others and they were terrible or charged a LOT of money for what I wanted to do. Merge documents.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.