Dependable and powerful, instantly view, draw, highlight, comment, fill and sign applications or contracts, make corrections, and much more effortlessly on your iPad or iPhone. Save time and secure the best editor for your PDF editing tasks.
“Plenty of iOS apps for reading PDFs are out there, but if you need to edit a PDF, PDFpen is the way to go.”—Macworld.com
“If you are looking for a workhorse app to handle your PDFs made by responsive developers, look no further than PDFpen.” —iPad Notebook
“A beautifully designed app that is full of sophisticated features.” —iPhone J.D.
- Quickly open PDF documents to read, search, and zoom
- Dark mode support
- View two documents simultaneously with multiple windows (iPadOS)
ANNOTATE AND EDIT
- Add highlights and freehand scribbles safely with wrist/palm protection
- Insert note and comment annotations
- Draw shapes, including lines, arrows, rectangles, ellipses, and polygons
- Move, resize, copy and delete images in original PDF
- Import images from Photo Library
- Annotate with proofreading marks and stamps
- Add watermarks
- Automatic page numbering including Bates numbering
- Correct text in original PDF with editable text blocks
FILL AND SIGN FORMS
- Add text, images, and signatures to PDFs
- Fill out PDF forms, including specialized signature fields
CREATE, NAVIGATE, AND ORGANIZE
- Use the iOS Files interface to import/export and organize PDFs in folders
- Sidebar for thumbnail, annotation, & table of contents skimming
- Duplicate and rotate pages
- Add, delete, or rearrange pages
- Combine documents
- Select from a variety of paper styles for notes or other tasks
SYNC AND SHARE
- Sync and save documents in iCloud & Files-compatible apps such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneNote, for sharing between devices
- Email and Airdrop your documents, with an option to flatten documents for maximum compatibility
- Set a document password, which is required when opening your document, and even set the level of encryption
- Save frequently used images, signatures, objects, and text in the PDFpen Library for reuse
- Support for pressure-sensitive/Bluetooth styluses: Apple Pencil, FiftyThree Pencil, Adonit Bluetooth Stylus
Seamlessly continue PDF editing tasks on your Mac with PDFpen or PDFpenPro’s advanced features. PDFpen for Mac is available for $74.95. PDFpenPro is $124.95. Both require macOS 10.12 (Sierra) or later. Demo versions are available at https://smilesoftware.com/PDFpen.
Smile offers fast and friendly support. If you have any questions or feedback, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact us at https://smilesoftware.com/support/
About Smile: https://smilesoftware.com/company/about/
Smile Policy: https://smilesoftware.com/company/policies/
- Create and edit links to URLs, email addresses, and other PDF pages
- Various fixes and improvements
PDFpen for iPad & iPhone v.5 is on sale at a great low price — for a limited time.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great pdf editing app
I use Smile pdf software on my iPad and my Macs. I also use the related pdfPen Scan+ software when I need to convert pdf text for word processing. The app is not a substitute for the pdfPen 4.
The power of this app grows with each new release. In addition to text correction, the app now supports forms, document signing, watermarks and TextExpander
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for your review of PDFpen! As we continually strive to create great products, positive reviews are very helpful. It takes time and effort to post a positive review, and we are truly grateful that you took the time to support Smile.
It doesn’t recognize forms... Worthless!
Honestly, the hype is just that, hype. Five minutes with this app and I had to get a refund. This app does not recognize forms. There is no way to fill fields on forms and move from one field to the next using your keyboard. You have to tap into a space using your finger or Apple Pencil. Then there is no way to move on to the next field using your keyboard. You cant use tab, arrow keys, enter, anything. There are little arrow keys in the lower left of the screen to move from field to field, are you kidding me? If there is a field that only accepts numbers in the document, PDF Pen will not allow you to enter the cursor into that field- The arrows will skip you way down the page to some random field. If your form has calculations built in you can be sure PDF pen won’t recognize that either, your columns won’t tally fella. Don’t count on your form looking neat when you’re finished, this app cant find the the bottom of the field to rest you text on the line. Useless.
This means there is still only one PDF editor out there that actually works to fill forms and that’s Adobe Acrobat at $9.99 a month! No thank you! Is there anyone out there that can make a decent PDF form app other that Adobe? PDF Pen isn’t it... Be assured of that.
Oh and developers, I see your responses to other customers...all automated responses. Don’t bother if you’re going to be lazy about it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear you are having trouble. We take all concerns seriously and would love to address your issues more specifically. There is a character limit to responding to app reviews, which does not enable detailed troubleshooting. We are proud of our excellent customer service. For technical support, please send details to https://smle.us/support
PDFpen has been my go-to on the Mac for years. I wanted to like this app on the iPad, but it’s just not quite there. The two items killing it for me are:
- There does not seem to be a way to scroll between pages while the annotation tool is active. If you use the sidebar to switch pages, the annotation tool is deactivated. I’d like to be able to scroll through a 10-page paper and make comments without having to resell them a tool every page. I also need to be able to switch quickly between pages as I reference items in previous areas.
- The Pencil “smoothing” algorithm isn’t up to snuff. MS
Word, iOS’s native markup, and PDFexpert all have this smoothing down pat. PDFpen stutters, overcorrects, and occasionally sends a streak halfway across the page when I’m trying to write a comment. Please talk to the Apple engineers to figure out how to clean up this algorithm. I’d love to move to an all-PDFpen workflow across my devices!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear about the troubles. We take all concerns seriously and would love to address your issues more specifically. Please send these details to https://smle.us/support
- SmileOnMyMac, LLC
- 47.7 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 SmileOnMyMac, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.