Use your iPad or iPhone to highlight and draw freehand on a PDF, sign a contract, make corrections, fill out an application, make comments on a presentation and much more.
* Highlight important text. Scribble freehand notes. Comment on drafts… and more.
* Edit page content: add and correct existing text * Add, move, resize and even delete images.
* Sign a lease or contract--fill out an application or form--easily add your signature--then email it directly.
* The best PDF editor available for both iPad and Mac, sync with iCloud and Files-compatible apps.
- Read and edit PDF documents on your iPad & iPhone
- Add highlights and freehand scribbles safely with wrist/palm protection
- Add text, images and signatures to PDFs
- Correct text in original PDF with editable text blocks
- Fill out PDF forms, including specialized signature fields
- Email and Airdrop your documents, with an option to flatten documents for maximum compatibility
- Set a document password, which is required when opening your document, and even set the level of encryption
- Save documents on iCloud & Files-compatible apps such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneNote, for sharing between devices
- Insert note and comment annotations
- Draw shapes, including lines, arrows, rectangles, ellipses, and polygons
- Move, resize, copy and delete images in original PDF
- Import images from Photo Library
- Annotate with proofreading marks and stamps
- Save frequently-used images, signatures, objects and text for reuse
- Automatic page numbering including bates numbering
- Sidebar for thumbnail, annotation, & table of contents skimming
- Duplicate and rotate pages
- Combine documents
- Use the new iOS Files interface to import/export and organize PDFs in folders
- Support for pressure sensitive/bluetooth styluses: Apple Pencil, FiftyThree Pencil, Wacom, Jot Touch, Jot Script, Jaja, and Pogo Connect
- Integrated with PDFpen Scan+ for performing Optical Character Recognition (PDFpen Scan+ OCR is a separate purchase)
Smile offers fast and friendly support. If you have any questions or feedback we'd love to hear from you. Please contact us at http://smle.us/support
- Adds new icon
- Adds watermarks
- Adds vertical scrolling
- Maintains zoom while scrolling
- Enhances page numbering
- Improves stability
- Various bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I saw some reviews posted that kind of bashed the app. I to was in this mode and looking for a better app. However the start guide that came with the app was of little help. By going to the support page on line I was able to find a manual and so far all my issues have been resolved. My suggestion at this time would be a link under settings to access your site to the manual which is well laid out and easy to follow and offers step by step help. In addition how about making the manual available as a PDF to be added to the document section of the app (please keep the hyper links live). Oh and yes beyond the undo button there is not a eraser, but there is an even better way to correct or delete markings even after closing and reopening the app. Seek out the online manual and you will see. And the manual to the app download and get a 5 star rating.
Great pdf editing app
I use Smile pdf software on my iPad and my Macs. I also use the related pdfPen Scan+ software when I need to convert pdf text for word processing. The app is not a substitute for the pdfPen 4.
The power of this app grows with each new release. In addition to text correction, the app now supports forms, document signing, watermarks and TextExpander
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for your review of PDFpen! As we continually strive to create great products, positive reviews are very helpful. It takes time and effort to post a positive review, and we are truly grateful that you took the time to support Smile.
Once upon a time, this app was at least close to best of breed. Unfortunately, this app has not held up well with the advances that have come to the iPad. It’s support for the Apple Pencil, for example, is especially disappointing. You can’t double tap to erase, and even the pencil tracking is slow and imprecise, which produces a rather frustrating experience when writing.
You’ll want to look at GoodNotes or MarginNote 3 (or better), the latter of which (presently?) even offers a 14 day free trial.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear that you are having troubles editing documents, particularly using the Apple Pencil. We take all concerns seriously and would love to address your issues more specifically. Please send details to: https://smle.us/support
- SmileOnMyMac, LLC
- 36.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 SmileOnMyMac, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.