Record everything. By integrating traditional text notes with audio, Pear Note ensures that you never miss a thing.
Look at your notes and wonder what they mean?
Pear Note can jump straight to the point in the recording where you typed that note, so you can listen to what was going on at the time and use the recording to interpret your notes.
Find that your notes have large gaps?
Pear Note lets you navigate to the end of the notes you did take, so you can listen to or watch what was going on when you zoned out.
- Instantly jump to anywhere in the recording by tapping the text
- Rich text notes, including bulleted and numbered lists, highlighting, and text styles
- Sync notes via Dropbox to other iPads, iPhones, iPod touches, or laptop/desktop computers running Pear Note
- Inline images which can be taken with the built-in camera, inserted from your photos, or copy/pasted from other apps
- Search to help you find your notes quickly
- Background recording to keep recording if you switch to another app
- Add PDF slides to notes and record when they are changed, then use slides to navigate the recording as well
- Play back video synced from laptop/desktop computers running Pear Note
- Universal app runs on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
64-bit support, so it'll now run on iOS 11
Major update to Dropbox syncing
Bumped minimum iOS version to iOS 9.3
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Long time user
Pear Note is my go to note taking app. My chief complaint is that the developers are slow to incorporate updates. What I like best is the ability to upload an outline prior to meeting. Then I can mark each speaker then immediately return during editing.
Great concept but lots of bugs
I have been using Pear Note on a weekly basis for a couple of years now. It is a great little program and helps tremendously when you are taking notes at technical meetings where lots of people are talking at once and you need to capture what everyone says. But, in the last few months, I have had nothing but problems with the app crashing during audio playback. I have tried to work with their tech support to resolve the problem but, none of their fixes have resolved the crashes. I think it may be incompatible with the current iOS. I will probably be forced to find a new note taking app because the crashes are just too frequent for the app to be of much use anymore. Very unfortunate.
Hasn't been seriously updated since iOS 4
I'm a little sore about this. The developer seems to think that no serious work needs to be done on this app since it was completed somewhere around iOS 4. It's a niche app, so it's good enough, I guess. I feel like I didn't get the value I was expecting.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.