We’ve updated our iOS app to preserve the Pebble smartwatch experience and remove the dependence on cloud services. Visit developer.getpebble.com for full details.
NEW + FIXED
• The app lets Pebble devices keep working, even if online servers are not accessible for any reason. The login process can be skipped, apps can be side-loaded, and the latest watch firmware (including language packs) can be installed.
• We removed the option to “Contact Support” but users can still export diagnostic data (including the Health database) by tapping “Share Diagnostics”.
• Health data collection and various telemetry reporting has been removed.
• The option to suggest new features has been removed.
• Turning on HealthKit synchronization in “Settings” now writes heart rate data to Apple’s Health app.
• Fixed a bug which would “crown” your first day of step counts, even if no activity was recorded yet.
• The Developer menu is now easier to find within the new “Settings” tab.
• Developers can now side-load a service configuration to change which servers the Pebble app communicates with.
• Fixed a crash that occurred when Rocky.js apps used Clay configuration pages.
• Fixed a crash that occurred when configuration pages attempted to open an image picker using HTML5 file input.
Ratings and Reviews
I got a Pebble Time as a gift about 2 weeks before they were bought by Fitbit. As my first smart watch, I've been both impressed and extremely frustrated.
The app is not for the faint of heart, but if you're willing to troubleshoot without formal support, you can usually get what you want done.
That can mean anything from just turning the watch off and one to resetting to factory settings on the watch or deleting the app and reinstalling. I just had an issue where I could t connect to Pebble App Store, but after reinstalling app, I can connect and all my apps and watch faces reappeared.
Again, not for everyone but works if you're willing to play IT guy every month or so.
Seriously guys, I don't know what I would do without my Pebble - so I thank you from the bottom of my Mommy heart. See I use my Pebble(s) to keep an eye on my son's blood glucose with some amazing apps from the Nightscout family. The vibration notifies me of a high or low blood glucose reading so that we can make adjustments in insulin or give carbs and keep my son safe.
The thought of losing this amazing tool when Pebble went offline had me stressed out! Your latest update gives me peace ❤️ that at least as long as my watches can survive (and I will buy another one or two for backup now) I will be able to help my son stay safe.
Many thanks and blessings to you all and for your long standing support of Nightscout and the T1D community ❤️💙
Pebble runs in the background again!
Thank you so much pebble/fit bit! My pebble watch runs in the background of my iPhone 6 iOS 10 now! I thought my watch was done for, but you have rejuvenated it.
iOS 10 used to close the Pebble app in the background about every 30 minutes. And my apps on my watch that depended on background services would quit running; The only service that would remain functioning on my watch where the notifications. But now not only do I continue to receive notifications but apps that use voice recognition or pull data from the cloud or use any data at all continue to work!
- Pebble Technology Corporation
- 92.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016 Pebble Technology Corp.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.