Write naturally with your Apple Pencil on Live Paper with Penbook.
Build your perfect notebook from more than four hundred types of stationery. Then, use the best digital inking technology to pour your ideas, notes, plans, and dreams into it.
Penbook's Live Paper is way smarter than ordinary stationery. Schedule your life on a monthly planner that shows a real calendar, organize your day with a day planner that shows you what time it is, and record your nutrition on a food diary that knows what day it is.
Or, bring your own stationery! Import your PDFs into Penbook for quick annotation and editing.
Give your notebooks colorful covers with fun art, and share them so your notes are always where you need them.
• Live Paper, the dynamic stationery that uses the smarts of your iPad and iPhone
• Over 400 of academic, scientific, and planning stationeries
• Import PDFs and use them as notebooks
• Write naturally with your Apple Pencil, stylus, or finger
• Unlimited unique cover combinations for your notes
• Search your handwritten notes for words or phrases
• Snap your strokes to perfect shapes with shape recognition
Penbook has a huge selection of customizable stationery. Each page of your notebook can be different, turning your iPad or iPhone into a magic notebook:
• Blank stationery, with an optional date and configurable margin
• Ruled paper with variable density
• Graph paper with four options for square sizes
• Dot stationery, either squared or isometric (offset)
• Cross stationery with configurable margins and density
• To Do pages with four layout options
• Monthly habit paper for tracking streaks, habits, and goals
• Day planner paper with a live updating timeline and calendar, and three layouts
• Weekly planner paper that highlights the current time and date
• Monthly planner paper that keeps track of the current day and shows you what's coming next
• Yearly stationery for getting a complete overview of your next 365 days
• Cornell paper for taking perfect study notes
• French ruled (Séyès) paper
• Penmanship practice paper
• Table stationery for hand-written spreadsheets
• Polar graph paper for plotting radial data
• Semi-log and loglog paper for data with exponential growth or decay
• Isometric stationery with equilateral (60-60-60) or isosceles (75-75-30) triangles
• Perspective paper, configurable with one, two, or three vanishing points
• Developer stationery with device stencils and configurable note-taking areas
• Storyboard paper with 3 frame aspect ratios
• Engineering paper with variable density
• Chemistry paper for easily sketching molecules
• Staff and tablature (music) paper with optional linked staves
GET THE MOST OUT OF PENBOOK
Use all of Penbook's stationery and writing features in a single notebook for free for as long as you like.
Upgrade to Penbook Premium to create and export unlimited notebooks, receive access to new stationery and covers as they're designed, and get regular app updates.
Penbook Premium is available by purchasing a yearly subscription or a one-time (lifetime) in-app purchase.
When you choose to upgrade with the yearly subscription, you can start using Penbook Premium for free with a 7-day free trial. During the trial, cancel any time until 24 hours before the trial expires, and you will not be charged. If you do not cancel, you will be automatically billed for the yearly subscription when your free trial ends.
Payment will be charged to your Apple ID account at the confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your account settings on the App Store after purchase.
Apple Pencil users can get ready for 2024 with Penbook's new Mind and Body notebook series. Track habits, plan goals, and sketch your ambitions on dynamic Live Paper that includes your calendar events and fits your device perfectly.
Ratings and Reviews
Sure, the handwriting experience in Penbook is best-in-class. And yes, we love how Live Paper puts our Calendar events in an agenda alongside our sketches and scribbles. But what really keeps us coming back is how the app obsesses over customization, from paper and pen types to templates that have completely changed the way we take notes.
Great notebooks but could use better management
I use this app for everything from writing and computer science homework to project and vacation planning. There are lots of very useful page templates and more than enough colors and tools to fill a page with notes and diagrams. Pixel and stroke eraser modes and a quick and easy toolbar make getting my thoughts onto the iPad easy as can be; with little practice I got faster than I was with pen and paper. The combo of simplicity and feature set really stands out among the many notebook apps.
The only issue is managing the books and pages once you have them. Notebooks can’t be grouped and are just shown in a single row (with not enough cover options to distinguish them aside from a small label). Sorting pages inside a notebook is clumsy, and there is only one non-configurable grid to see the pages if you are trying to find something you wrote.
I would love to see folders for notebooks and the ability to use photos (or specific pages, not just the last-viewed one) as notebook covers. A dedicated landing page for the app could show the last pages from recent notebooks and also offer a grid of all notebooks with resizable icons. Within notebooks, a pop-up display like Kindles have for viewing other pages could allow for much faster cross-referencing pages than repeatedly scrolling through the grid between distant pages.
Developer Response ,
Hey, thanks for the kind words, and especially for the constructive feedback on our page and notebook management UI. They're due for an overhaul and will hopefully get one soon. Just in case you missed it: you can set your notebooks to have the first page as their cover (in addition to the most-recently-used page). Looking forward to delivering some updates to you that reflect your feedback, all the best.
I absolutely love this app!
I love this app so much! I really enjoy using it to study. I’m an engineering student and being able to access engineering paper on an iPad is amazing! I can’t wait to be able to upgrade to the full version so I can make multiple books and sort all my notes out. I appreciate that I can (as far as I can tell) have as many pages as I want, I can change individual pages for the individual need, and that I can place small graphs and stickers to help make my notes easily readable.
(Update) I love the app has added stickers and other things (wash tape) for free. It makes everything really nice to use. I’m still waiting to upgrade to the premium version (gotta wait until I afford it). The premium version is decently cheap, however, only running about $15 per year, or $50 for lifetime access (which I think is pretty cool).
Thank you so making such a good app! It would be kind of cool to be able to upload our own stickers or be able to access (maybe have people submit) relevant to different classes.
Developer Response ,
Really great to hear this from a student, thank you for such a nice review. All the best with your studies.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- User Camp Inc.
- 85.1 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © User Camp Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Penbook Premium $19.99
- Penbook Premium $29.99
- Penbook Premium $14.99
- Penbook Premium $4.99
- Penbook Premium Lifetime $49.99
- Premium Lifetime (Loyalty) $29.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.