Pennybox is the smart way to help your kids become financially responsible adults! Kids gradually learn to earn, save and spend their own pocket money in a fun and practical way.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Parents or kids send chores, actions, jobs, tasks or anything else around the home and attach a financial reward. $2 to do the dishes, $5 to wash the car, $10 for scoring a goal at their weekend football game. Be creative and make it more fun with emojis. It can be anything! For actions you want done regularly, simply set it up to repeat, and we'll take care of the rest.
2. Kids complete their tasks, chores or actions and mark them off in the app, while collecting and tracking money they earn in their Pennybox wallet. Accountability is important, so you can ask kids to attach a proof-photo to show they've completed the task before you pay them.
3. When it's time to spend, kids cash out, or parents can deduct an amount for something they want to buy, giving kids ownership over their money. Bank accounts and email addresses are not required for kids.
Pennybox is super safe and secure, and built with kids and families in mind.
It works on shared devices at home, so kids can log in easily with their own account!
Need a bit more info? Learn more at https://pennybox.com/how-it-works
WHAT DOES IT COST?
Nothing at all. Pennybox is 100% free to download and use for parents and kids (with no ads)
NEED MORE HELP?
Visit us at pennybox.com for more info, or just email us at email@example.com any time!
Join our journey and help us shape the product. Can we do something better? Or, just want to say hi? Just shake your device inside the app to easily contact us. We always want to hear from you and your kids!
In this version, we've made a few important fixes to improve user experience:
- Bug fixes for task photo uploading and skip photo issues
- Faster uploading of task and profile photos
- Alerts "mark all as read" fix
- Facebook sign up for parents fixed
- iPad layout issues fixed
As always, we're here to listen and improve based on your feedback. If you have any comments or suggestions (or need help), reach us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Ratings and Reviews
Best we’ve found!
We’ve tried a ton of different chore charts, jars and apps before finding PennyBox. This is, by far, the most motivating for my children (ages 8 and 10). I love that’s it’s easy to add tasks. The kids love that they can also add their own tasks for me to approve as well. The kids also love being able to attach a photo to the task to prove it was completed! The only reason it didn’t get 5 stars (yet) is that there are many instances where is will sit and load for minutes and we have to restart the app; sometimes we have to restart the app a couple of times to get the task to go through. This has happened on my iPhone as well as their iPods so it’s not specific to one device. If that gets fixed, it would be a 5 star app!
Looks good, room to grow better
I’m just getting started with Pennybox, the idea is great. So far I like a great of it. Someone in another review had suggested a community/suggested chore list that could be used like a starter list... walk the dog, empty the dishwasher, etc so repeatable items can be pasted in. Love that idea.
Also, I found the 50 char limit a bit short for tasks. Maybe I know how my own kids work: if I say ‘take your toys upstairs’ I will get clutter free living room floors. And a pile of stuff at the top of the stairs. NOT in the room. NOT put away. I’m sure you try jfemo i
Developer Response ,
Hi FleegleBeagle. Thanks so much for your feedback here and happy you're enjoying using Pennybox. We're going to look into your suggestions here and see if there's a way we can increase the input character limit. Currently, we have it limited, so it displays correctly on the task cards which are a fixed size! Also, duly noted on the suggested task list. Thanks for getting this feedback to us! -Pennybox Team
Pretty close to perfect
Having gone through several free chore/allowance management apps, my entire family is extremely pleased with Pennybox. It has a savvy UI and great functionality so far (a week into it).
These developers should be charging a small fee IMO to support their server usage, but somehow they are making this rather sophisticated treat free for all. A great app, especially for those of you frustrated by “server connection issues” of a certain popular monster based chore app.
Developer Response ,
Hi koyboy! Thanks for your awesome feedback and review! :) -Pennybox Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.