People’s United Bank provides know-how on the go with our Mobile Banking app. Access your bank accounts conveniently and securely, wherever you are. Our app allows you to make deposits, check balances, request transfers, pay bills, find the nearest People’s United Bank branch or ATM, and more.
- Snap photos of checks to deposit from your mobile device
- View recent mobile deposits
Touch ID and Face ID:
-Use your fingerprint or face as a convenient and secure way to log in
- Check account balance and activity
- Search recent transactions by date, amount or check number
- View cleared check images
Transfer Your Funds:
- Move funds between your People’s United Bank accounts
- Schedule a one-time or future payment
- View recently paid bills
- View scheduled payments
- Add, edit, and delete bill payment payees
Find Branches & ATMs:
- Quickly search for nearby People’s United Bank branch or ATM
- See branch details, including hours and phone number
- Get directions
Track Your Spending**:
Your secure, centralized source for managing money across multiple financial institutions with Personal Finance.
- Manage multiple personal accounts from financial institutions you choose to set up
- View automatically categorized recent transactions
- Understand your monthly spending habits with easy-to-read graphics
- Create and customize budgets easily using visual bubble budgets
- Set up savings and spending goals
- Track spending and receive notifications when exceeding budgets
- View your eligible debit cards
- Add your debit card to Apple Pay
- Set instant, real-time debit card controls including:
- Turn your card on/off
- Restrict card usage to specific types of merchants
- Restrict card usage by transaction types
- Set transaction limits
- Set allowed geographical regions
- Get real-time notifications when your debit card is used, including:
- All debit card transactions
- Merchant Type
- Transaction Type
- International Transactions
- Threshold Amount
Pay Friends and Family with Person-2-Person Pay**:
- Securely send money to friends or family with just an email address or mobile phone number – All for free!
- View, accept or decline recent Person-2-Person payments
- Get up to $500 when you refer friends & family
- Must be enrolled in People’s United Online Banking
- Visit www.peoples.com to setup your Online Banking account
- Recurring transfers must first be setup within Online Banking
- Mobile Check Deposit requires a rear facing auto focused camera
- Alerts requires the device to allow notifications and enrollment into Card Controls
- See terms and conditions at www.peoples.com/mobilebanking
- Enrollment through Online Banking is required to access Bill Pay, Person-2-Person Pay and Personal Finance through the mobile app
* Deposits subject to verification and may not be available for immediate use. Visit www.peoples.com for the Funds Availability Policy
** This feature is only available in the phone app
*** Terms and Conditions May Apply
iPhone, iPad, iTunes and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple, Inc.
©2021 People’s United Bank, N.A. | Member FDIC | Equal Housing Lender
Thank you for using People’s United Mobile Banking. This version offers performance improvements, a redesigned experience, and iPad enhancements including Touch ID/Face ID. Your feedback is important, please continue to rate and review us in the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
Good People’s app
I’ve been using this app since it became available. I use it mainly to deposit checks or to balance my checkbook. Occasionally I will pay bills and it would be very helpful to be able to add a note to the payment. Another feature that I would like to have added to the App, is a calculator. Presently I have to go outside the App to use the calculator on my iPhone and often I time out and have to login again. I know its not a real big deal, but I wonder how many other people would like having a calculator right in the App.
Either way I think that this App really helps people, like me, who can’t jump into his car and be at the bank in 15 - 20 minutes. When I could, I usually did. I always enjoyed the ambiance and everyone working there from the manager to part time employees were and are great people. I always left the bank with a nice feeling. You can’t expect anything else from a bank. Oh, I never found any mistakes in my forty-five years plus while working with People’s Bank!
I Love the ability to be able to deposit my checks online through the app instead of having to go to the bank direct. The only thing I am not liking is the way the camera is set up in order to take a picture of your checks to upload. I feel that the camera shutter button is on the wrong side and one holding my phone my fingers get in the way of the camera lens. I have used other Other banking apps and I feel some of them have much easier way to deposit the checks. I also feel that the step process to get the check uploaded through the iPhone has 1 to 2 many steps.
Make sure your features work if you offer them
This has got to be one of the worst app experiences I have ever had. First off, I will admit that in terms of security the app is fairly secure, however this is to a fault. The app’s backend design gets bottlenecked in the morning to the point where it is essentially impossible to get the app to start because the servers are over capacity. If you do get a chance to get to the main screen, good luck trying to login in with ease. On the iPhone, most (if not all) banking apps offer the secure and encrypted Face ID feature when signing in. With People’s United, even if you login in with your correct credentials and enable this feature, sadly you will be disappointed. The next time you open your app your Face ID and credentials are corrupt and therefore you must login in again. I cannot stress this more, if you are going to offer features for your user experience, please debug and make sure that they actually work before you release it. Extremely disappointed.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- People's United Bank
- 54.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 People's United Bank, N.A.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.