People’s United Bank provides know-how on the go with our Mobile Banking app for iPhone®.
Convenient and secure access to your bank accounts, wherever you are. Our app allows you to set real time alerts and controls on your debit card, send money to friends and relatives, make deposits, check balances, request transfers, pay bills, and search for the nearest People’s United Bank branch or ATM.
- Card Alerts allows you receive notifications when your debit card is used
- Choose the types of debit card transaction alerts you want to receive:
- All debit card transactions
- Merchant Type
- Transaction Type
- International Transactions
- Threshold Amount
- Set personalized, real time, debit card controls including:
- Turn your card on/off
- Restrict card usage to specific types of merchants
- Restrict card usage by transaction types
- Set transaction limits
- Set allowed geographical regions
- Securely send money to friends or family with just an email address or mobile phone number – All for free!
- View, accept or decline recent Person-2-Person payments
- Snap photos of checks to deposit from your mobile device
- View recent mobile deposits
Touch ID and Face ID:
-Use your fingerprint or face as a convenient and secure way to log in
- Check account balance and activity
- Search recent transactions by date, amount or check number
- View cleared check images
- Move funds between your People’s United Bank accounts
- Pay bills
- View recently paid bills
- View scheduled payments
- Add, edit and delete bill payment payees
- Find a nearby People’s United Bank branch or ATM
- See branch details, including hours and phone number
- Get directions
- Get up to $500 when you refer friends & family
- These mobile friendly calculators assist with financial planning. Available calculators include: Savings, Budgeting, Mortgage, Home Equity, College Planning and Small Business.
- Must be enrolled in People’s United Online Banking
- Visit www.peoples.com/peoplesonline to setup your Online Banking account
- Recurring transfers must first be setup within Online Banking
- Mobile Check Deposit requires a rear facing auto focused camera
- Deposits subject to verification and may not be available for immediate use. Visit www.peoples.com for the Funds Availability Policy
- Alerts requires the device to allow notifications and enrollment into Card Controls
- See terms and conditions at www.peoples.com/agree
*Deposits subject to verification and may not be available for immediate use. Visit www.peoples.com for the Funds Availability Policy
**Terms and Conditions May Apply
iPhone, iPad, iTunes and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple, Inc.
©2019 People’s United Bank, N.A. | Member FDIC | Equal Housing Lender
Thanks for using People’s United Mobile Banking. This version has been updated with performance and stability improvements.
Your feedback is important, please continue to rate and review us in the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
I Love the ability to be able to deposit my checks online through the app instead of having to go to the bank direct. The only thing I am not liking is the way the camera is set up in order to take a picture of your checks to upload. I feel that the camera shutter button is on the wrong side and one holding my phone my fingers get in the way of the camera lens. I have used other Other banking apps and I feel some of them have much easier way to deposit the checks. I also feel that the step process to get the check uploaded through the iPhone has 1 to 2 many steps.
People's App is easy & convenient. I only miss one thing
I use the people's app regularly to balance my checkbook and deposit checks. The only thing I wish it would let me do is add comments to transactions. This is something that used to be available online, and for some reason is no longer. Its easy enough to see a check you deposited through the app, because you can view the photo you took. However this feature saved me a lot of time trying to figure out what an over the counter deposit or withdrawal was for in the past, or even when I wanted to document what was purchased at a certain store. I really miss this feature and wish they would bring it back online, as well as add it to the app. That would take it to 5 stars for me!
Exactly what a banking app should be
I have been using this app since it first came out. Most of the negative reviews you see here stem from a brief period of time after they updated the app where they obviously had some sort of bug which made it next to impossible to log in.
That has been totally resolved, and now what remains is an incredibly quick intuitive app that allows you to keep track of your finances easily, transfer funds instantly and also has mobile check deposit and fingerprint sign in for added security and ease of use. Honestly it's the perfect banking app.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.