The freshest, eco-friendly Code Editor for your Mac.
(If you need a TRIAL, please visit our website! ;-) )
-- Features --
- 50+ different syntaxes supported
- 10+ different themes
- Lots of different plugins/tools for everything you need
- Instantly Run/Preview your code, without ever leaving Peppermint
- Included FTP/SFTP mapping support
- Fully customiseable & scriptable
- Advanced Editing: Snippets, Autocompletion, Multiple cursors
-- Specs Supported --
-- Plugins Included --
- AppleScript : Run / Run with Arguments
- Bash : Run / Run with Arguments
- C : Run / Run with Arguments
- C++ : Run / Run with Arguments
- C# : Run / Run with Arguments
- CoffeeScript : Compile
- CSS : Beautify
- HAML : Compile
- HTML : Beautify, Preview, Preview in Browser, Strip HTML Tags, Validate
- Java : Run / Run with Arguments
- JSON : Beautify, To XML, Validate
- LESS : Compile
- Lua : Run / Run with Arguments
- Markdown : Preview, Convert to HTML
- Objective-C : Run / Run with Arguments
- Perl : Run / Run with Arguments
- PHP : Run / Run with Arguments
- Python : Run / Run with Arguments
- Swift : Run / Run with Arguments
- XML : To JSON
+ More :
- Regex Editor
- Share your snippets via Gists
- StackOverflow embedded search
- FTP/SFTP support out-of-the-box
- Stick a file to split view
Many updates/features/extensions on the way! Let us know about your ideas and thoughts (email@example.com) and let's create the most beautiful code editor for Mac. Together.
The C/C++/Objective-C/Swift compilers in the App Store version (in contrast with the version offered in our website) are not working due to App Store Sandbox restrictions. If you need these specific compilers, please contact us - or buy the unSandboxed version on our website. If you're already an App Store customer, please e-mail us a valid MAS receipt (from the e-mail used for the purchase) and we'll provide you a full license 100% FREE! ;-)
Follow us on Twitter : https://twitter.com/osxpeppermint
- Ruby (Run): Script executed with user input, not correctly outputting data — unbuffered execution
- Python (Run): Script executed with user input, not correctly outputting data — unbuffered execution
- FTP/SFTP : Fixed issues with FTP/SFTP downloading + slow file listing (still more enhancements coming!)
- Word Wrap + Indentation: Fixed the issue of text not being indented properly when using word wrap
- Terminal (all modes): “Run” command added, for executing Run plugins – if available
- Preferences > Editor: Option to set custom font manually (selection via Font Panel pending)
- Preferences > Editor: Option to set custom tab size manually
- Added actual checking for Unsaved Changes before displaying the annoying confirmation dialog, on quit
- Preferences Panel – rewritten/redesigned from scratch
- File Manager: Option to select default spec for new (untitled) documents
- File Manager: Option to specify default encoding (UTF-8, Windows CP*, Shift-JIS, and more)
- File Manager: Option to add folders/directories on top
- File Manager: Option to filter files by regex
- General preferences: Option to select behaviour on start up (new document / restore previous documents)
- General preferences: Option to select behaviour on quit
- Editor preferences: Option to set global font & font size
- Cleaned up Global Plugins, and hierarchy
- Lua compiler integration
- LESS (node) integration
- Cleaned up official themes + migration to the new simplified LESS format
- Ctrl+Z added for terminating terminal tasks
- Added option for 2-space tabs
- Cleaned up menu items, under View and Document
- Erlang: Run/Run with Arguments
- Elixir: Run/Run with Arguments
- Share: On Pastie, On Pastie (private)
- Text Plugin (Global): Spaces to Tabs, Tabs to Spaces, Convert to Uppercase/Lowercase/Titlecase
- Lines Plugin (Global): Sort Ascending, Sort Descending, Remove Duplicates, Sort and Remove Duplicates, Reverse Order
- Shell Support – new command line interface (pmint)
- LESS: Preview/Live Preview/Compile added
- Prolog: Run support added
- Dart support added
- Jade support added
- Stylus support added
- Curly support added
- Twig support added
- VHDL support added
Ratings and Reviews
Not at all what they claim
I am having problems with my old editor since upgrading to yosemite so I was looking for a basic editor for now. This product claims to come with “dozens” of plugins and one of them an FTP/SFTP plugin. I need SFTP to edit files for the team. There are only 4 basically useless plugins installed. Gist, Regex, a link to stack overflow and one that does something with utility view.
I went to the website to try to download plugins and there is 1 (one) plugin there for download.
Waste of my time with this one….
Peppermint did not work AT ALL with Yosemite, despite claims that it does. After I downloaded it, it was not operational and HTML could not be imported.
DO. NOT. BUY.
Well, there’s $14.99 I can’t get back…
There is a shortage of editors for Mac that support x86 Assembly language, which is why when I saw this I quickly shuffled over the $14.99. While it does highlight x86 syntax, I quickly discovered that I couldn’t change the highlighting colors (which are pretty lackluster by the way) because ‘Preferences' refuses to open.
I’m not very demanding when it comes to the number of features in an app but I do expect at least two things:
1) For ‘Preferences’ to open.
2) For ‘Undo’ to work.
But neither do.
I am very disappointed with this app. You probably will be too. So consider my advice: save yourself the disappointment and spend your money on something else.
Thumbs down. 1 star.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.