Percussive Acoustic Guitar with Mike Dawes is a comprehensive and interactive tuition app for iOS devices.
Want to get more out of your acoustic guitar?
In this application, players are given over fifty minutes of detailed video instruction in this popular guitar style by one of the world's leading performers of percussive acoustic guitar. This application is suitable for players of beginner/intermediate level all the way through to advanced. Each of the eighteen exercises feature a video demonstration from Mike with follow along tab to see what is being played when. The app's tab player allows you to hear the exercise being played at any tempo (20-200bpm in 5bpm increments).
Mike Dawes is a 24 year old English guitar player and touring musician. He is hailed as one of the world’s finest fingerstyle performers.
His acclaimed solo music, littered with nuances and micro-techniques, has seen him tour almost every continent on the planet. He has recorded with and sessioned for multiple GRAMMY award-wining artists, appeared on film and TV advert soundtracks, written for and been published in international music magazines, as well as achieving viral YouTube hits in the millions.
Additionally, Mike currently tours as Justin Hayward’s lead guitar player, performing Moody Blues classics throughout the USA.
Check out Mike's viral percussive guitar cover of Gotye's smash hit 'Somebody That I Used To Know'
This app features:
* Introduction and overview of the modern 'percussive' acoustic guitar genre, including Mike's gear.
* An introduction to DADGAD tuning and associated chord theory
* Lessons in producing realistic drum sounds from your acoustic guitar
* Advanced right hand picking techniques, allowing users to seamlessly perform drum patterns in unison with conventional guitar parts
* Introduction to two handed tapping and how to combine bass, melody, harmony and percussion
* Advanced 'Over the Top' style combining a variety of modern guitar techniques.
* Eighteen exercises demonstrated by Mike at different tempos
* Interactive TAB viewer with detailed transcriptions of each exercise
* Tab player that replays exercises at the tempo you want
All video content is downloaded with this app when you purchase it from the app store, so no need to stream content while you practise.
Thanks to everyone for your feedback and comments on the app. This update makes the app compatible with iOS11.
Ratings and Reviews
Learning Percussive Guitar Made Easy
I'm a full-time guitar teacher who instructs 65 students each week. One mistake all teachers make is that they cannot simplify a technique enough for an average student to grab on to. This is not the case with Mike. Totally worth the $! In fact, if you buy this and cannot gain anything from the app, I'd be shocked. It just doesn't get any better than this. Excellent job! I hope he does more.
Mike Dawes is my guitarist idol. When I heard this was going to be released, I knew it'd be an instant buy.
The app is very slickly designed, easy to use, and very simple. The lessons are extremely helpful and there are exercises that follow the lesson that will allow you to practice much easier.
5 stars. Hands down. Best app I've bought in a while, most apps are just useless junk full of iAP.
Thank you & God bless you!
Awesome, please make some updates (:
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.