Read plain text files comfortably, in a realistic book format. Download plain text books from gutenberg.org and archive.org. Open any .txt file, from cloud drives, email or other apps. Supports most languages including korean, chinese and japanese.
"Works seamlessly and flawlessly." - user review
"If you are looking to read plain text files on your iOS device, this is the app you want!" - user review
"It's comfortable and works well." - user review
REALISTIC BOOK EXPERIENCE
• Excellent typography (uses advanced, low-level technology) for pleasant reading
• Fast page turns with realistic animation
• Realistic bookmark, customizable with photo, go to the bookmarked page with one tap
• Large selection of fonts (up to 70) and sizes
• Adjustable line spacing and margins
• Choice of background colors: paper, white, grey, night mode
• Book reopens at last read position, regardless of bookmark
FREE E-BOOKS AND TEXTS
• Browse, search and download from millions of titles
• Search for e-books in your own language (gutenberg.org only)
• Cover preview (if available)
• Library of all your books and texts, sortable by most recent or alphabetically, with search.
• Dedicated search screen with full text, never leave your place
• Supports "Open In…" menu for mail attachments and other apps
• Dictionary when touching and holding on a word, plus search and copy options
• Sliders give appreciation of thickness and location, and can be used for real-time page flipping
• Lockable orientation on iPad
• Detection and rendering of italic text, quotes, em dashes
• Automatic character set recognition (UTF-8, ISO-8859, etc.)
• Supports iTunes File Sharing
• Share on Facebook, Twitter, Email
- Now supports Korean, Chinese and Japanese, including line-breaking rules. Encoding is automatically detected (tested with UTF-8, GB 18030, GBK). If you have a file that is not decoded properly, please contact support.
- Archive.org catalog is accessible again.
- Fixed a bug where blank pages were displayed instead of text. The problem was caused by long sequences of characters without spaces or word breaks. Now fixed.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It only reads English txt. I tried open Korean txt file. But, there’s no tap for encoding.
Developer Response ,
Good news, as of today's update, Korean is supported. Encoding is automatically detected. If you have files that won't open, please use the support link in the info screen.
Chinese txt do not work as well
Only English encoding available. Hence, not usable for me
Developer Response ,
Good news, as of today's update, chinese is supported. Encoding is automatically detected. If you have files that won't open, please use the support link in the info screen.
Having a large collection of plain text ebooks, I needed a reader that would render them comfortably readable. This is definitely that app! It typesets the pages beautifully and automatically keeps your reading position on the fly. The app offers lots of display choices, and importing books is a snap.
If you are looking to read plain text files on your iOS device, this is the app you want!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.