Plan your perennial garden before digging an ounce of dirt! Select 3 perennials to create combinations and see the results immediately - either side-by-side pictures or each plant's characteristics in a table form. This gardening tool shows if your plant choices are compatible and will work for your site.
Perennial Match is featured at these sites:
* '8 Gardening Apps You Need to Download Right Now' - bhg.com
* ‘The 8 Best Apps to Get Your Yard Greener Than Ever This Spring’ - time.com
* 'Top Gardening Apps' - hgtv.com
* 'Gear and Apps for the Aspiring Gardener' - connected.rogers.com
* '3 Apps That Every Gardener Needs' - mobilefuture.org
* ‘Get Tech Savvy: Apps for Planning Your Garden’ - geraniumrozanne.com
* ’10 Best Garden Design Apps for Your iPad’ - gardenista.com
* '11 Apps for Your Garden' - rodalewellness.com
USE SEARCH CRITERIA/FILTERS TO MAKE COMBOS OR FIND PLANTS
* Select plants for your combos or when accessing the plant library by narrowing the options with filter settings
* Search filters include: sun and water requirements, hardiness zone, height, bloom colors, bloom season, type, native plant, drought tolerant, wet site tolerant, butterfly attracting, deer resistant, fragrant or a groundcover
* If desired, exclude plants that are invasive, garden aggressive, or poisonous
* View attributes of each plant in combo together to check for compatibility
SAVE YOUR COMBOS
* Save your creations to the Combo Gallery for future reference
* Attribute data for each plant in combo and their photos are viewable for all saved combos
* 12 built-in combos are included to get your inspiration started
INCLUDES A PERENNIAL REFERENCE LIBRARY OF 300+ PLANTS
* Besides offering fun, interactive combo making, Perennial Match also serves as a perennial plant reference library, with enlargeable photographs and useful information about each plant
* The same ability to set filters/criteria when creating combos works as a search function when perusing the ‘Plants’ library or ‘Pictures’ grid
* In addition to all of the search criteria and attributes listed above, many plant listings also include sample hybrid/cultivar names, maintenance info and general comments
ADD YOUR OWN PLANTS OR NOTES/PICS TO THE BUILT-IN PLANTS
* Add your own plants, including photos and attribute data useful for sorting and filtering
* Add notes and photos to any built-in plant
* This is a universal app for both iPhone and iPad. NO NEED TO BUY 2 SEPARATE APPS!
* Check plant information on your iPhone while at the nursery, then plan your gardening combinations on the larger iPad screen at home.
DYNAMIC TEXT SUPPORT
Prefer larger or smaller text size? The Plants tab screens offer Dynamic Text support, so you can see Plant information and lists in a larger or smaller font size. Simply go to the iOS Settings app, tap ‘Display & Brightness’, tap ‘Text Size’, then move the slider to the desired position. When you return to the Perennial Match app, the text size on the supported screens will correspond to your preference.
All plant information is contained in the app, so you CAN USE IT EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET.
Several screens, such as the Plant Details and Combo Data tables, contain more information than is visible on the first screen, so make sure you scroll down to see all of the content!
More familiar with Common names than Latin names for plants? Set a global setting in Setup and the common names for plants will be shown first and used in list sorting.
This app was designed by a landscape designer, avid gardener, and perennial lover, who wanted an app like this for her own use!
(This app is not recommended if you live in hardiness zones 1 or 2 or 10-13 due to a lack of database plants suitable for those climates.)
Visit our website at joyoflandscaping.delora.com to learn more, including videos for using the app.
* more plants and photos added
Ratings and Reviews
This app was very helpful when I started to plan next year's garden. It was easy to take my I phone right to the garden and use the app to decide what to put next to existing plants and what to plant in place of some perennial s that did not work. It will be fun to use it at a nursery when I buy plants in the spring. Take the time to read all the instructions. It is worth it!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.