POWERFUL, EASY AND SAFE FILE RENAMING
Easy as 1-2-3: Build the new file name from simple, easy to understand building blocks, check real-time results, hit 'Go'.
Perfect Rename gives you smart blocks to build new file names:
- Text (just what you think it is)
- Counters (global, total, per file type, arabic and roman numbers)
- Original File Meta Data (Name, Extension, Size, Modification Date, Creation Date, Parent Folder)
- Image Metadata (More than 150 tags spanning from EXIF, over GPS to Camera Maker-Specific)
- Audio Metadata (Common ID3 tags)
- Video Metadata (what ID3 are to audio, this is to video: access duration, artist, etc.)
- CSV (you have a coma-sparated values file from a spreadsheet and want to plug those into your file name? Go nuts.)
- RegEx - So you are a pro, think in regular expressions, and aren't afraid to use a sleek tool with great UI? Multi-level, fully IEEE 1003.2 compliant regEx is here for you. Geeky. Recursive. "Now you've got two Problems."
Control that Extension
Most people don't bother with file extensions. But Perfect Rename lets you do just that if you ever have the need to change, map, or regEx your file extensions en masse.
Never wonder which block contributes what to the file name. Color-coded results leaves no doubt where each part comes from
No guesswork involved. See what your results will be before you actually rename your files. Your rename rules have an issue? They'll tell you before you commit the rename, and prevent you from doing something unsavory.
Drag & Drop
Collect your files, and dump them on the window via Drag & Drop.
Even the best rule can have unforeseen consequences. That's where safe rename comes in. If a file name is already taken, Perfect Rename will slightly modify the new one
When all is said and done, Perfect Rename gives you a complete, savable clear text log of everything it did.
So you changed your mind after renaming? Ignored the warnings? Felt lucky? No problem. Perfect Rename can roll back any renames it did for you. Simply open the rollback manager, and hit 'Rollback!'
Have a rule or schema you like? Save it now and recall it instantly later.
Fast - very, very, fast.
PR is not only easy to use, it's also fast - it handles large amounts of file as effortlessly as small. How fast? Renaming 5'600 files takes some 2.2 seconds. Which is a lot faster than your average reaction time - so be glad PR comes with a robust rollback function...
- fixed an incompatibility when adding more than 3'000 files at once in El Capitan
- added progress information when processing drops drops
- large drops no longer make PR appear unresponsive
- large file drops (>3'000 file) now take much less time to post-process
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Works good batch renaming files (max so far has been 1500 files). Easy building blocks to create the new naming system. Free version did not have all the features I needed. Could use a little work, but what does not.
Flexible & Reliable
I’ve been using PR for more than a year and I keep coming back to it. Initially I used just the basic rename capablity then added (purchased) the ability to read EXIF date & use for renaming, then added (purchased) the undo function, and then added (purchased) the ability to read video file headers & used in the rename capability. I think it is great I didn’t have to purchase ALL the functionality initially, I could add it as I had a need. I like that I can script how I want to rename my pictures and videos and save each for re-use later. If there is a more flexible rename utility I don’t know what I would want to do that PR cannot. Heartily recommend!
THIS APP WORKED PERFECTLY!
I’m so happy with this App. As stated above, it worked perfectly. I had 223 files that needed to be renamed, numerically, and for some reason Mac's rename function kept adding extra numbers. So, I decided to look around at the options on the App Store. There were a lot of paid Apps claiming to do the same thing as Perfect Rename, but for a heftier price tag.
So I chose this App, and I’m very pleased to say that i did. It worked very fast. It did exactly what I wanted it to. And it was very simple to use.
THANK YOU CF/X AG FOR A GREAT APP!!!
The developer, cf/x, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.