This app is specifically designed to control Low Energy Bluetooth devices as part of the Pet Tutor(r) animal training system. Multiple feeders and accessories may be connected to the app. Accessories send commands to the app which in turn will trigger associated feeders for training and enrichment.
Pet Tutor® is a revolutionary science based training system for your pet. Train your pet using our smart remote. Reward for good behavior. Reduce barking, separation anxiety, fear and more. Provide hours of fun and interactive play for a more joyful fulfilling day. Turn feeding time into a natural, energy burning chase and play activity.
Please visit www.pettutor.biz for more information!
By Smart Animal Training Systems, LLC
We've removed most features from the home screen and moved them over to the training screen, so you don't have to back-out during a training session to get to BARK or SOUND Mode or view device settings.
-- We've added help buttons in the form of question marks on each page to help you navigate easier throughout the app.
-- We've removed some unnecessary features that were causing clutter to the design and added a more user-friendly way to differentiate between the different generation devices.
-- The old check mark connection has been replaced with a more familiar toggle switch.
-- Feeder and Smart Clicker settings are now easily accessible for individual devices all within one area.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Bluetooth and other functionality a great idea; not there yet
As a whole the pet tutor system, is a wonderful idea and immense improvement on other food robots. However, the Bluetooth and other functionality is not there yet. Here are details:
1. Your phone may not be able to locate your feeders via the app (don’t even try to connect via the Bluetooth option on your phone - go through this app). Resetting the feeder works to fix this issue, however, note that the Pet Tutor support documentation lists that this should not happen frequently.
2. When your phone locates your feeders, sometimes it connects within seconds, while other times you have to exit and reopen the app several times until the connection is established.
3. The $99 “smart” clicker requires this app to be able to take control of your feeders. It is advertised to convince you that the clicker will make it easy for you to just click and trigger the feeders... nope, you need to plan your session first and you need to have opened this app and connected everything to it first.
4. If you use the automatic interval feeding feature, you will have to keep track of the time. The app will not notify you that time is up, and when you go to set up the next automatic interval, it will prompt you to end the current automatic feeding session even if the current session’s time has already expired.
I have used this system for several years and haven’t seen much of an improvement. If Smart Animal Training Systems, LLC is working on it, they are working very slow.
I have really high hopes because the foundation for all of this amazing functionality is present. However, it does not yet work the way it is advertised.
Works As Expected
The Pet Tutor is easily one of the best training devices there is. The application works as expected and I haven’t run into any issues. There is a BARK Mode setting and an AUTO Mode setting that I use all the time to reward my dog, especially now while working at home and on virtual meetings. It’s a great way to reward my dog for not barking!
So far works as expected
Would love a feature that I could see seconds since last reinforcement.
- SMART ANIMAL TRAINING SYSTEMS LLC
- 48.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Smart Animal Training Systems, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.