Petzam is a fully compliant mobile app that makes getting pet help from your own veterinarian fast and easy!
Live mobile video connects you to your veterinarian or pet professional for real-time advice. Petzam is suitable for dogs, cats, birds, horses, fish or any other cute (and not so cute) pet animals.
Petzam is great for follow-ups, advice about a pet situation, whether a visit to the clinic is needed and behavioral questions. If your pet has an current relationship with your vet, then you’re ready to use Petzam.*
Petzam is free to download and sign up for!
HOW IT WORKS
• Download the app and follow the steps to set up your free account
• Schedule a video call consult with your vet clinic
• Stream live video to show pet’s issue to your vet
• Your vet will give you advice and provide next steps
• At the end of your call you’ll be charged for the consult based on your vet’s rate (although some consults may be free)
• Use your mobile device from anywhere to show pet problem and get advice
• Easy for busy pet owners to get quick, trustworthy answers
• No more guessing and searching online; get advice from your own vet
• Helpful with post-treatment home care
• Receive more continuous and timely care for your pet
• Easily get help for animals that don’t travel well
• More convenient for people with mobility issues
• As easy as a phone call and no need for special software or workstations
WHAT MAKES US BETTER
• *For your pet’s safety, Petzam requires an up-to-date VCPR (Veterinarian-Client-Patient-Relationship) with your vet, meaning your pet has been physically examined by your vet within the last year
• Simple and easy to use app lets you get started in minutes to set up your account
• Connect directly with your own vet to get trusted veterinary advice
• Vets may provide free consults but may also charge a small amount for video consults; fees for pay consults are deducted at the end of the call, billed in 10-minute increments based on your vet’s rate
WHAT PET OWNERS ARE SAYING
“What I liked most about the app was the convenience of being able to talk to my own vet, show her my animal, have a brief discussion and put my mind at ease about my animal's health - without having to take time off from work, pile my daughter into the car, and transport the animal across town to the vet. Hugely convenient and reassuring.” – Stephanie M.
“I liked the ability to interact on the fly with my vet for something on which I normally would have had to call, leave a message, and wait for a return call. Live video in consult is very valuable. My vet could see how our dog was behaving/reacting to his injury rather than me describing it to her. There was less margin for misunderstanding or guesswork in the diagnosis.” – Jillian W.
“I love how quickly you can engage with vet, determine what next step should be, and not have to play phone tag.” – Beth J.
WHAT VETERINARIANS ARE SAYING
“This has been a great way to connect with my clients and patients in a new way. The calls are convenient for my clients and I, and video has been effective in evaluating progress of various conditions. The clients have been excited and impressed with the convenience of having an in-home consultation, plus this fun format has reinforced our relationship with each client and set us apart as a unique practice.” – Dr. Brian Evans
“A client with a current terrible neurologic problem with her dog showed me her dog mutilating his tail from spinning and felt very strongly that I couldn't have understood the problem without seeing via Petzam. Really positive and terrific!” – Dr. Alex Herman
Ratings and Reviews
Convenient pet help
Allows me to connect with my own vet using video on my iPhone. Very convenient and easy to use for post-clinic follow ups.
Very cool app
- Petzam, Inc
- 28.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2014 Boltcutters LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.