NEW Golfshot Auto Shot Tracking (AST) is now available on your Apple Watch®. Track every shot on every round with built-in swing detection on Apple Watch.
Golfshot is now the first to bring to you Auto Shot Tracking (AST) with Apple Watch®! Automatically track every shot on every round to get accurate distances per club, insightful, automate stats, and the ability to review your tracked shots through Golfshot’s new Flyover Round Review.
We've further automated your on-course golf experience with Apple Watch so you can play hands-free while getting valuable insights and real statistics about your game to truly get better.
You still get the most comprehensive and powerful set of GPS features to play your best golf while managing your game all in one place. Enjoy real-time distances to the green, hazards, and targets on over 45,000 courses worldwide along with rich scoring and shot tracking, detailed statistics, entire course flyover previews, and club recommendations.
Book your next round with GolfNow tee times, track and post scores to your World Handicap Index®, and enjoy world-class golf instruction from Golfplan.
GUIDING YOU TO YOUR BEST GOLF
- Get best-in-class GPS distances
- Track your shot distance, direction and club used
- Score for yourself or your foursome with Stroke Play and Stableford
- Enable Siri to ask Distance to the Green
- Use Auto-Advance and Voice Hole information to remain handsfree
- Take the guessing out of your game with powerful statistics based on your playing history
- Visualize your round before you play with 3D video previews of your entire course.
- Purchase and easily track your Handicap Index® through Golfshot
- Save time and money with GolfNow tee times booked with Golfshot
- View your game at a glance with Apple Watch™
- Earn, view and share awards showing your accomplishments and the progress of your game
- Share your rounds and send tee time invites to friends to set up a game
- Track your pace and activity on the course with the Health app
PLAY WITH A PRO CADDIE IN YOUR POCKET AND ON YOUR WRIST
- Try a 7-Day, free trial of Golfshot Pro
- Auto track and review every shot with your Apple Watch
- View a Flyover Round Review of every shot tracked from every round
- Never search for yardage markers with Pro’s real-time distances to all hazards and targets
- Course strategy and management made easy with personalized club recommendations.
- Challenge your foursome to Skins, Nassau, or Match Play games.
- Get $20 off a GolfNow Hot Deal tee time booked through Golfshot
- Link your existing GHIN® Number to post scores directly to your World Handicap Index®
– Pro membership means access to premium features, exclusive member benefits, and an ad-free experience.
WORLD-CLASS COACHING AT YOUR FINGERTIPS WITH GOLFPLAN
Powered by Revolution Golf's video library with coaching experts like Martin Chuck, Sean Foley and Andrew Rice, Golfplan gives you the best golf instruction available on your iPhone®, iPad®, or Apple TV®.
- Elevate your game with access to over 350 personalized videos.
- Focus on areas of your game including driving, putting and approach shots.
Golfshot Pro and Golfplan require subscriptions that can be purchased in-app and are renewed automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage your Pro and Golfplan subscriptions through your iTunes account. Golfshot offers both monthly and yearly subscription options. Purchasing a subscription while your free trial is active will activate your membership immediately and cause your trial period to end.
Golfshot GPS requires a GPS-enabled iPhone® or iPad®. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
In-app purchases available:
- Pro Features: $8.99/month or $49.99/year
- Golfplan: $2.99/month or $19.99/year
- Martin Chuck Tour Striker Training Program: $9.99 for 1-month rental
- Core Golf: $9.99 for 1-month rental
- Golfers Need for Speed: $9.99 for 1-month rental
Created by Shotzoom LLC
NEW Golfshot Auto Shot Tracking (AST) is now available on your Apple Watch:
- Track every shot on every round with built-in swing detection on Apple Watch
- View a post-round Flyover Review of every shot
- Get real data and statistics from every tracked shot to improve your game
For questions about Golfshot AST, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
Best golf app
UPDATE March 2018 - thank you shotzoom for the Apple Watch update - you have resolved the only major complaint I had about the app. (When you previously updated to use the native watch gps, it took so long for gps to get an accurate reading that the app was practically unusable for me on the watch.). The new update enables real time accurate readings on the watch with no lag. Amazing - well done - best golf app out there.
ORIGINAL POST - Dec 2016 - I've tried and compared all the major golf gps / scoring apps on the market - GolfShot is the winner in my book. Apple Watch version has great interface, very usable. Occasionally I pull the iPhone out of my pocket for a satellite view of more complex situations, but generally the watch version is all I need to reference for distances and entering score and stats after each hole.
I have just recently added the official handicap tracking feature and there's no easier way to keep your official handicap rating current.
Just one feature on my wish list - the app needs to take advantage of the built in gps of the new version of Apple Watch so that you can leave the iPhone in the golf cart and still get an accurate read. They say they are working on this - hope they can get it released soon.
UPDATE July 2017 - that one feature on my wish list has just been added in the latest release. Can't wait to test it this weekend.
Developer Response ,
So glad to hear it! Thank you for the review!
Not what I hoped
I have an iPhone X and an Apple Watch 3 series and decided to give this app a try on a 5-day golf trip. Downloading the courses and navigating the app on the phone were okay but there were some usability issues I found very frustrating. First, starting a round is easy enough but figuring out how to end a round (if you intended to just look at the hole fly-overs, or decided to score manually) is a challenge. The “end round” feature is buried in the menu and without finding it, there’s no alternative to load a new course. After setting up my clubs and distances, I found the overall suggestions from the app on the phone to be decent and the GPS to be within a yard of other hand held GPS that were present on the courses I was playing. The major issue was the lag on the watch and the fact that even though the round was being played with my phone in pocket, the watch rarely ever could keep and glancing at my wrist yielded either the yardage from the tee (start) or dashes. Very often the applet on the watch would t even come up and I would need to hunt for it. I wanted this to be easier and more intuitive and was considering the $29 if the response on the watch was decent but it just wasn’t
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the Watch features! Please send us an email to email@example.com so we can troubleshoot this issue for you.
Great App, initial shot tracking feedback
Update: Like most people, I just started using this new feature without reading in detailed documentation first :-). I have now read through it and understand there was some things I wasn’t quite following properly. Will give it another go on a round of golf and report back..
I’ve been using this app for several years and it’s got many features and it’s a great app. Today I played with the new shot tracking feature and unless I’m doing something incorrectly, it was too cumbersome to use for my liking. More specifically, every time I took a practice swing, and the club touches the ground (which it almost always does), it would register a shot. So I had to keep pressing my Apple Watch face and click cancel shot, in between that shot and my real shot, and after several times it was becoming a distraction to my game so I turned it off. If I’m doing something wrong please let me know, i’d be happy to give it another go and would really like to reap the benefits of this!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Shotzoom Software, LLC
- 232.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2013 - 2016 Shotzoom, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Features Subscription $4.99
- Pro Features Subscription $8.99
- Pro Features Subscription $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.