Enter Phantomgate, where a mystical adventure RPG awaits you in the fabled land of Midgard! Help Astrid, a daring young Valkyrie, save her mother from the clutches of the mad god, Odin, and discover her true hidden powers along the way. Explore a strange, new realm in this Norse Mythology-inspired game, befriending and collecting hundreds of unique Phantoms to help fight by your side.
Journey between worlds, solving challenging puzzles and engaging in strategic turn-based battles with Phantoms ranging from small, cat-like critters to intimidating Orc warriors. Take down the darkness that threatens Midgard and all who inhabit it!
Rekindle the excitement of classic RPG adventure titles, and discover the secrets that lie beyond the mysterious Phantomgate!
• Explore lush, Nordic-inspired landscapes while unlocking the magical powers hidden deep within the ancient world.
• Help unravel the story of Astrid’s mysterious past as you uncover an unforgettable, emotional tale.
• Solve puzzles to unlock long-forgotten secrets as you journey across the 6 regions of Midgard, from icy tundras to deep forests.
• Engage in epic combat against Odin’s dark forces! Strategically drag buff bubbles to teammates and enemies alike to turn the tide of battle in this unique twist on classic turn-based RPG combat.
• Collect over 300 unique Phantom companions to fight alongside you. Choose how your Phantoms evolve into powerful new forms with special elemental items. Choose what will shape your adventure, your Phantoms, and help save the land of Midgard!
※ This app offer in-app purchases. You can disable this feature by adjusting your device’s settings.
- Terms of Service: http://help.netmarble.com/policy/terms_of_service.asp?locale=en
Some small changes have happened in Midgard. Details are as follows:
- PVP Matchmaking has been improved.
- Certain Phantoms’ skill balance has been modified.
- Some UI/UX has been improved.
- Other bugs have been fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
4.5 star game
This game is very enjoyable. However, there are 2 issues that prevent it from being a 5 star game. 1) PvP matchmaking is terrible. It is rare you fight teams with an equivalent power level. Most of the time you fight people 100K power lower or higher than you. The first being impossible to lose and the second being impossible to win. It is also fairly P2W as teams with ET1 and ET2 phantoms are exponentially stronger than T1 and T2 phantom teams of the same level. 2) The auto system is plain bad to the point that it is unusable unless you are way stronger than what you are doing. It is kind of like “why have the system when it doesn’t work?” To me, this is one of those games you play a few minutes a day with the expectation that it will take months to actually accomplish anything.
It’s a game, worth checking out.
I personally think this game is fantastic, no reason not to check it out and see if you feel the same. It has a payment aspect which by now in this day of gaming should be expected, it does not ever feel necessary though. I have several top tier things that I earned with pure patience, I know patience is not a trait that everyone has so be aware of that. It’s not like it’s a mind blowing or revolutionary game, but it’s a pretty solid pass time, and something that I truly enjoy picking up and playing every day.
This game takes one of my favorite genres as well as the RPG genre and combines them. Unfortunately, the result is a snoozefest of the most bog standard aspects of each one. The platforming is boring and doesn’t even compare to games releases in 1985, and the RPG gameplay contains poor conveyance, making it near impossible to enjoy unless you know what each button does (again, games released in 1987 are much better in this regard). The story is boring and takes way too long to advance, even with the “skip” feature which doesn’t work by the way. It does, but it’s so ineffectual, you might as well soak in the lackluster story. Ah well, at least this game doesn’t cost money (unless there’s a Playdead’s Inside-like paywall that I was too bored to get to).
EDIT: No, I did not complete the game. Maybe it gets better, but I was too bored to continue playing. I played enough of it though, at least in order to make a good first impressions review.
- Netmarble Corporation
- 257.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Netmarble Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- Taming the Bone Dragon $4.99
- Your BFF, Mini-ming! $2.99
- Fenrir the Snow King $7.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.