Scared of spiders? Arachnophobia Free has been developed by two UK leading consultant psychiatrists to help you the same way a real therapy would if you visited the doctor. We use exposure therapy to help you engage and remain relaxed when dealing with spiders.
- Reviewed by University of Roehampton
- Reviewed by diverse mental health organisations such as Anxiety UK and Time to Change
- Featured on the BBC, Channel 4 and other major media outlets
In the app Dr Freeman, our virtual doctor, guides you through therapeutic mini-games. Starting off with Itsy, a super cute pink spider that looks like a Disney character, you’ll gradually face more and more realistic spiders. You will help them escape from humans or help them catch their lunch. In the last stage you will be able to interact with an augmented reality tarantula that looks and moves like the real thing.
Benefits of this app:
- On the go: real exposure therapy in your hands
- Easy: do it in your own time and at your own pace
- Efficient: improve your wellbeing and get over your arachnophobia
- Get reminders of your sessions
- Share your progress with friends in Facebook
- Our aim is to improve the world’s mental health in a affordable and efficient way
- Part of the Telefonica O2’s accelerator program Wayra
- Winners of CUTEC from Cambridge University
- Winners of UnLtd BVC Challenge 2015 for social enterprises
- +25.000 people using our apps
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- Performance improvements
- Various bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I like how the app makes facing fears fun!
This app is off to a pretty good start but there is a lot of room for improvement. The constant asking to rate yourself is annoying, and it's hard to give yourself a pre-rating when you haven't seen the spider yet. I've just been marking random ratings. The relaxation techniques are very helpful. It would be nice to see more level 3 situations with a different variety of spiders to simulate what people actually encounter. I don't see many tarantulas running around my house, but I have encountered wolf spiders, black spiders, and brown spiders of varying size. More variety would be great. Thanks!
what is this?
horrid, it crashed every time I opened the app.
I really hoped this app would help with my phobia but hearing the intro numerous times in attempt to open the app did not help.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Thrive Therapeutic Software Ltd
- 708.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2016 Thrive Therapeutic Software Limited
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.