Hiking/cycling app with hiking and cycling maps of almost whole Europe.
Mobile phone app PhoneMaps offers FOR FREE zoomable hiking and cycling maps with full network of marked hiking and cycling routes of almost whole Europe. In app you can plan your holiday, during the activity orientate in terrain and record your tracks and experiences and then share them with your friends. Hiking or cycling content with marked hiking/cycling routes you will not find in Google or Apple Maps, you will not need to go to bookshop and buy paper map.
- Language: English, German, Czech, Slovak, Polish, Italian
- Online and offline maps
- Almost whole Europe till maximum map scale 1:5 000
- Detailed hiking and cycling maps include marked hiking and cycling routes
- Maps created by cartographic companies freytag&berndt and SHOCart
- Hiking and travel guides from Bergverlag Rother, freytag&berndt
- Vector maps: smaller, can be easily zoomable and rotated
- Download map of area where you will go, map tiles are displayed as one map
- All points in maps with interactive information (address, website, email, timetable, ....)
- Interactive tourist attractions in maps (photos and texts)
- Current GPS position
- Locality searching
- Record/import/export/management of user routes (gpx)
- Record user Points of interest
- Spatially localized taking photos in app
- Online routing and searching of optimal routes in a map (for hikers, cyclers, cars)
- Statistics of routes + elevation models of routes
- Hiking / cycling map till 1:5 000 - Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (western part), Germany (southern part), Greece, Ireland, Israel, Italy (northern part), Hungary, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, San Marino, Spain, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
- Hiking / cycling map till 1:25 000 + Topographic map 1:5 000 - France (eastern part), Germany (northern part), Italy (southern part), Monaco
- Topographic map 1:5 000 - rest of Europe
- Hiking / cycling map SHOCart till 1:25 000 of Czech Republic and Slovakia same like in www.cykloserver.cz
AND THE BEST THING IS THAT APP AND ALL MAPS AND FUNCTIONS IN APP ARE FOR FREE!
New Rother and f&b guidebooks
Ratings and Reviews
Has what a veteran UPS driver needs
This app has the specific addresses to each house so I can locate where to deliver faster.
Developer Response ,
Good to have, close to very good
I use this app to have a bike map option on me. Most of my routes are well known to me at this point. If I go somewhere new, I take a paper map with me.
But this app is good to have in a pinch. Something is divert and this is always on me.
Two things would make it better. First, I have to figure out which of the many maps I have downloaded applies. If I pick wrong one, close and go to another. I'd like instead for all touching maps to merge if I have purchased already to avoid this. I mean this is electronic and I am still deal with being in the crack! Second, though perhaps too ambitious, enable some function to find new routes.
Anyway, if I had to do over I would still get this app and purchased relevant maps.
Well, almost 4 stars...
I'm a biker. Having this on my phone has come in handy. Paper maps of course recommended as a backup but this is worth a few bucks. It has the benefit of using phone GPS to indicate where you actually are.
One obvious feature would make it great. If I've bought the maps, integrate them. Many times I find myself in the crack, at the edge. Have to open another file. If they where all one where the meet, much better.
Also, if I close and ride on for a bit and then need it again it effectively restarts and you have to find your map, reopen, etc. Pisses me off each time.
Otherwise, in a pinch, good. If you don't know the area at all, paper maps still better.
- FREYTAG-BERNDT, spol. s r. o.
- 94.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, German, Italian, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Slovak
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © freytag & berndt, spol. s r. o.
- In-App Purchases
- One Year subscription $3.99
- Praha $2.99
- Beskydy a Javorníky $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.