This phonemic chart helps you hear and say the sounds of the English language. To hear the sounds, click on the IPA symbols that represent the sounds. Click on the top right hand corner of each symbol to hear sample words that include the sounds.
There are three sections in this app: vowels, diphthongs and consonants.
• Pure vowels are arranged according to mouth shape (left to right, lips wide / round - top to bottom, jaw closed / open).
• Diphthongs are grouped in rows according to their second sound.
• ‘x’ has two sounds, namely, /ks/ and /gz/. These two sounds are not represented in the standard IPA chart; they are put here for the sake of completeness.
• The letter ‘q’ is always followed by the letter ‘u’. Together, they make the /kw/ sound.
- Words written in black or red for ease of reading
- Clear and good quality audio
If you have suggestions or comments on how we can improve this app, whether in content or functionality, please send us your feedback. If you feel this app is useful, please share it with your friends.
e-mail us at: email@example.com
Fix screen size issue.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It is so great 😍
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- NG WEI SIONG
- 36.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Unik Edu Solution Sdn Bhd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.