A fun, effective phonics recognition game that eliminates exceptions and provides a complete picture of the phonograms needed to read and spell!
- Ten guided levels to introduce and master the 74 phonograms needed to read and spell 98% of English words.
- A fun matching game to master the phonograms.
- A simple flashcard method for quick review.
- Eliminates unnecessary exceptions by teaching all the sounds for each letter and multi-letter phonograms from the beginning.
- Select lowercase, uppercase, and multi-letter phonograms to create a custom game.
- Tracks individual progress and mastery for multiple users.
- Allows parents and teachers to see at a glance which phonograms have been mastered, which need more practice, and which have not been introduced yet.
- After a phonogram has been correctly answered five times, a star is placed on the card in the selection screen to indicate mastery.
- A fun and effective way to introduce anyone ages 2-adult to the phonograms.
- An ageless design that is loved by young children and adults alike.
- Works in both portrait and landscape mode.
- Students and teachers may create custom games to coordinate with other Orton-Gillingham based reading programs.
- Designed to accompany Logic of English Curriculum and Materials.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Fixed bugs preventing the app from running in ios8. Included the /z/ sound with the x phonogram.
Ratings and Reviews
Great Supplement to the full Logic Of English Curriculum
This app is a useful supplement to the complete Foundations Logic of English program we are using in our homeschool. It helps reinforce advanced phonics with my kiddos while freeing me up to do other things, and is able to show what sounds/concepts they may need me to review with them. My only complaint is that some of the sounds are over-pronounced (the letter "w" is miss-pronounced "wuh"), a sadly common dificulty with phonics teaching resources.
A true ESL/ELL gem!!
The LOE app supports their reading program in the most accessible and common sense way possible. I like the simplicity of the app—without all the bells and whistles of other apps that look and sound good, but are low on substance. The app does exactly what it claims it will do, and actually much more, because it teaches an expanded list of phonograms that are not taught by most traditional reading programs.
Since using the LOE program and the app, my ESL students have “clicked” with their English language learning and are not as confused when they come across “exceptions to the rule” because LOE reduces exceptions to a minimum.
I can see this approach may not be for everyone because we’re entrenched in our traditional learning, but give it a try. You may find that this will be your first approach, rather than your “last resort”.
Is awesome and does exactly what it is supposed to!
This is an app designed to support a method of teaching reading and spelling that will get rid of illiteracy if implemented. It is awesome for struggling readers, dyslexics, and all those tired of hearing how hard English is, when it is not! Hence the name, Logic of English! Got for my four! What a great way to practice all the phonograms and track multiple students progress! Thank you. It is even better than I thought it would be.
Loving even more as we use! Truly a great tool to strengthen phonemic awareness! My 7 year old can't get enough!
One note: found 1 error on level 3. The letter is l but the sound is d .Please fix when you can. Thanks.
The developer, Logic of English, Inc., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Logic of English, Inc.
- 15.5 MB
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2013 Pedia Learning Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.