Phonto is a simple app that allows you to add text to pictures.
・ More than 400 fonts are available.
・ You can install other fonts.
・ Text size is changeable.
・ Text color is changeable.
・ Text gradient is changeable.
・ Text's stroke color is changeable.
・ Text's shadow color is changeable.
・ Text's background color is changeable.
・ Text is rotatable.
・ Text kerning is changeable.
・ Line spacing is changeable.
・ Curved text.
・ Perspective text.
・ Parts of text are erasable.
・ Image theme is changeable.
・ Items (Balloon, Rectangle, Star, Heart) are available.
・ Background image is changeable.
・ You can use not only pictures, but also plain images to write text.
・ You can share photos on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
・ URL scheme: phonto://
Try Vont app, if you want to add text to videos. Vont is a free app that is available on the App Store.
Phonto supports only English (US), Chinese and Japanese, so when the priority of Chinese (or Japanese) in your setting was higher than English, Phonto would be launched as Chinese (or Japanese) mode.
To solve this problem…
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Choose 'English' in 'General' > 'Language & Region' > 'iPhone Language'.
3. Turn back your 'iPhone Language' to your favorite language.
HOW TO INSTALL FONTS
Using iTunes, you can copy font files between your computer and Phonto on your iOS device.
1. Select your iOS device from the Devices section of iTunes.
2. Click the Apps tab and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
3. Select "Phonto" in the "File Sharing" section.
4. Drag and drop .ttf or .otf font files into "Documents".
5. Restart Phonto.
More detail about how to install fonts.
We obtained new URL which links to Phonto on the App Store. We appreciate if you introduce Phonto to your friends.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I love Phonto!!
I love Phonto so much. I have and will recommend this to friends until i run out of breath. For mobile editing, Phonto is literally a top 3 app. Like it's literally essential for photo editing. Anyway, back to business. Don't let my five stars fool you, there ARE things to be done, but regardless this app is unmatched. I have one request and one bug fix to discuss. We'll start with the bug. Small bug but still worth fixing. When I am in the color pattern menu and I've decided on my pattern, when I click "Done" the app acts like I clicked the button next to it where it prompts a screen that asks me to choose between ombré or character-by-character patterns. In order to successfully leave the color pattern screen I have to click the edge of the screen, past the done button lol. Also, I would like to request something. It would be very very VERY helpful to insert a feature into the app where we can create folders for our fonts (fonts can be in multiple folders btw). It just helps a lot when you have a ton of fonts in your library. Thanks for reading! Much love. 💗
Good But . . .
This is an amazing app! I am not here to trash it, but simply say my opinion. I love the fonts and everything, and how easy it is to use! But however there is some stuff I don’t like. Like if save a image, and then a week later you realized that you accidentally spelled a word wrong, it doesn’t save! So you have to restart it. There is restore to previous state, but what if you made a lot during that week? Then your doomed. Which I hate, but overall, it’s awesome! I would also like the ability to stretch out pictures. Here is what I mean: let’s say you don’t want a plain image, but you have a picture you already liked that u saved, then when u go to photo albums, it goes in its size. Which I wish they could change. Like you have a pretty sunset background, but you can change the size. This would come handy when using thumbnails because then you could use it and not have to just give up and use a plain image. Those are just two issues, but overall: AMAZING! You should download it.
My favorite fonting app.
For six years, Phonto has been my go-to app for adding text to images. There is *so much* that’s great about it!
• Text formatting such as font, color, shadow, and line and letter spacing is easy and intuitive and offers tremendous variety.
• Positioning, sizing and tilting blocks of text is smooth and easy.
• Adding and manipulating pictures and objects is easy.
• Importing new fonts is not too tricky—and it’s easy, once you know how.
Recommendations for the devs:
• Formatted style can be “paintbrushed” across text blocks easily (a plus!), but selected blocks all inherit the style of the oldest box; it’d be nice to be able to choose the parent.
• Please offer word-wrapping for text boxes in the main editor! I often go through a number of resizings throughout a project, and it’s not uncommon to need to manually adjust line breaks.
• Please offer a “save” function for fully editable templates or completed images —there are a number of things I do frequently enough that going through all the adjusting each time seems silly. I do appreciate that I can “restore previous image”, but often that’s not the thing I need to work with.
- Yusuke Horie
- 66 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © youthhr 2019
- In-App Purchases
- Phonto Image Pack $1.99
- Text Style Kit $0.99
- Phonto Filter Pack $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.