Phosphor 3 is the latest version of our Phosphor series of vintage digital synthesizers.
Phosphor is a clone of the alphaSyntauri, one of the first relatively inexpensive digital synthesizers, that ran on the Apple II. Phosphor is a faithful recreation of the alphaSyntauri's additive synthesis engine, and can accurately recreate the sound of this classic and groundbreaking synth.
The Phosphor 3 update brings MPE, tuning tables, extensive modulation, a new preset manager, and an all-new reactive UI to the plugin.
Featuring two additive oscillators (with the original 16 partial complement of the alphaSyntauri, or optionally with 32 or 64 partials), each with its own amp envelope, Phosphor's topology closely follows the alphaSyntauri, while adding many modern features such as full velocity control, a much more extensive modulation routing system, tempo synced LFOs, a pair of delays, and two monophonic modes. The noise and oscillators are able to work in the original alphaSyntauri "low-resolution" modes, or can be run in modern high-resolutions. Phosphor can accurately model the original sounds of the alphaSyntauri, yet still provide new paths for sonic exploration.
• Two complete oscillator/envelope sections modeled on the original topology of the alphaSyntauri.
• Each set of partials can run in "lo-fi" mode, emulating the gritty digital voicing of original, or in a modern mode for alias-free sines.
• The noise can be either "lo-fi" digital shift-register noise per the original, or modern white noise.
• Two complete delay sections with LP/HP filtering and cross-feedback.
• Two tempo-syncable LFOs with multiple modulation destinations.
• A large complement of presets included that show off the extensive sound generating capabilities of Phosphor, including some famous alphaSyntauri presets directly ported from the original.
• TUN file loading for alternate tuning and scales.
• MPE (MIDI Polyphonic Expression) capability for MPE controllers like the Roli Seaboard, Linnstrument, and Sensel Morph.
NEW IN 3.0.9:
1. When you have the modulation assign window open for a slider, and touch the on-screen keyboard, you can now play without closing the mod assign window.
2. MPE mode now works correctly in hosts that support it.
3. Minor bug fixes and optimizations.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Weird little synth
Very versatile noise maker. Just scratching the surface of this but I can tell it’s deep. Worth the $
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.