Photo Backup for Synology is the easiest-to-use photo backup app with powerful features and rock-solid reliability.
"Amazing app for Synology. Worry free backup!"
"Been using for several years and this works great."
"A great, simple photo backup app that just works!"
"Super simple and clear!"
"This app is super simple to use. Secures pictures and videos. I tried a couple apps and conclude this is the best alternative. A great advantage is that two step authentication now is supported."
• Super easy to set up.
• Just one click, backup is started, simple and clear.
• Find newly added photos automatically.
• Clear progress reports and logging.
• Customizable folder and file name.
• Support two factor authentication login.
• Capable of backup from the Internet.
RELIABILITY AND PERFORMANCE
• The most reliable and fastest backup by using the Synology application interface.
• Support of the HTTPS network protocol, the data transfer is secured.
• Continue the backup where it remains in case of a cancellation or network interruption.
• Solid reliability, recovery from network interruption or system instability.
PRO FEATURES (Unlocked via In-app Purchase)
• Video Backup: Backs up videos with full resolution.
• Free Up Space: Frees up your iPhone/iPad's space after backup.
• Find Imported Photo: Backs up photos imported from other apps or devices.
• Hidden Photo: Option to back up photos that are hidden by the Photos app.
• Exclude: Excludes the photos you do not want to back up.
• Version: Backs up original, edited or both versions of photos.
• HEIC Convert: Backs up HEIC, converted JPG or both photos.
• Video from Live Photo: Exports video from Live Photo and backs up both the video and photo.
• Portrait Effect: Embeds portrait effect into portrait photo for backup.
• RAW Photo Export: Exports the complete RAW photo data to a separate file.
• All Photos in Burst: Exports all photos from the burst photo to separate files.
• Automatic Backup: Tries to back up your photos in the background.
• Notification: Reminds you when you have photos that have not been backed up.
• No Advertisement.
• All Future Features and Enhancements.
• A Synology NAS is required. DSM 4.3 and above is required.
• All the in-app purchases of this app are shareable via Family Sharing.
• Added PRO features: Exclude Albums and Exclude Date
• Minor bugs fixed and performance improved
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent - but need help troubleshooting!
I bought three copies of this - for mine, my wife’s and my daughters phones. We take most of our pictures now with our phones. The initial backup worked perfect with my phone and my wife’s - and my daughter got about 1/3 way through - and it gives an error that says invalid path. How do I troubleshoot this?! Hoping the developer sees this - the blogspot website has no “contact me” button.
Why strip the metadata?
UPDATE: So I got a notice from the developer saying that the metadata are now preserved during the transfer of photos from the phone to the NAS. Yay!, I thought. Unfortunately, after a few tests, I see that some metadata are preserved, but not all. Most notably, the location data is NOT preserved. PLEASE DEVELOPER, can you preserve ALL metadata?
Also, I also noticed that the wireless transfer of files resulted in smaller file sizes using this app compared to the same photos that I uploaded to the NAS via lighting cable. Is the app maintaining the full resolution of the photos as it claims? I don’t know.
I’ve done my array of tests and this is a great app, BUT IT LACKS AN ESSENTIAL FEATURE. The app appears to indeed transfer full resolution of pictures and videos BUT IT DOES NOT TRANSFER THE METADATA. This makes the app unusable to me. So please, include the ability to transfer ALL metadata with the full resolution pictures and videos! Thank you in advance.
Developer Response ,
We didn't find the losing metadata problem after extensively tested latest update of the app. Please contact us via Support email of the app if you're still having problem.
Thank you for your feedback.
Excellent backup utility
If you have a synology NAS and you take pictures, this is a no brainer. Photos organized and effortlessly uploaded to your NAS. Genius. Seriously, get this app.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- CHIA CHUN LEE
- 17.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Sonar Workshop 2021
- In-App Purchases
- Lifetime Unlock $22.99
- Monthly Unlock $0.99
- Yearly Unlock $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.