The Bracketing App captures a series of differently exposed photos which can be used for HDR and other post processing techniques.
- Capture series of up to 7 images
- Fast and full resolution support
- Support for geo-tagging (GPS)
- Support for front and back camera
- Custom capturing delay to prevent camera shake
- All EXIF tags are preserved
- Images are saved in the photo gallery album "Bracketing App"
- Manual and automatic mode*
*Note: the automatic mode works only with 3 pictures.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Ratings and Reviews
This one goes up to 7
A very simplistic app that brackets up to 7 exposures based on the location of circles you place manually on the field of view. The auto function creates 3 exposures based on auto placement of these exposure circles.
This is a great tool to import bracketed images into hdr software or photoshop. It does NOT merge the photos into a single her image, which I did not expect.
I would have given it five stars if the following features are included:
1) Needs actual exposure adjustment instead of using the circles
2) Need an icon to open the photos app to view the images you have taken
3) Needs an info setting to find out what type of images are being created and at what bit depth
4) Need to add ability to change image type, compression, and resolution.
5) Need to add burst mode as setting the time delay to zero between shots does not take pictures any faster than a setting of 1 second.
6) IOS 13 upgrade compatibility. Although this app works on iOS 13 it isn't using any of the benefits of iOS 13.
Pretty much if this app had the basic settings of an iOS 13 camera app, it would be a spectacular addition.
Some how misleading
Purchased the app to create HDR shots, thought the app will put the photos together to create a final photo, but was not the case, it only takes shots the diferente areas of your composition at different apertures and that’s it, you still have to export the shots to another app or your computer to create the HDR files. You can take the same shots this app takes without using this app. I will not recommend this app at all.
Nice app for external HDR creation
I need an HDR creation tool for making 32bit images for use in CGI work. Right now there is no app that does this. All of the apps for the iPhone are geared toward making tone mapped images that range from interesting to horribly garish. Yikes.
Anyway, your next best option is to capture a series of bracketed images and then merge them using a desktop program. That's what led me to this app. It can capture a very wide range in manual mode. You can then export the results using your favorite method (I like Dropbox syncing) then use that merging app. Photoshop will do this as well as plenty of other apps.
I'd love to see auto mode be expanded or even a 'blind mode' where the phone goes through the widest range it can.... regardless of what it's seeing This would allow true float HDRs that could be really handy...well, to CGI people at least. 😉
Coupled with a fisheye lens, it looks like the iPhone could actually make some nice source files for environment lighting.
It's REALLY great that the app doesn't collect lower resolution images. BIG bonus.
Thanks for the app!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Harald Meyer
- 828.4 KB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 5.1.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © (C) Tequnique.com 2016
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.