Photo Portal works as a remote control, allowing you to manage the Photo library of your Mac from anywhere (inside or outside of your home), using Wi‑Fi or cellular from your mobile device. *Photo Portal requires our free server for macOS.
With Photo Portal, you don't have to wait for your entire photo library to be copied on a Cloud Service, or to pay monthly fees for a Cloud Storage subscription. Photo Portal gives you a secure and immediate access to your photos. Simply browse through your images within the structure of the hard drive folders on your Mac.
Photo Portal extends your photography workflow beyond the desktop, so you can browse, compare, filter, sort, flags, rates, labels, rotate, delete pics and share your images from anywhere.
Our Remote Photo Viewer supports the following image formats : RAW, JPEG, and TIFF. We have tested RAW formats from more than 200 cameras models.
To use Photo Portal outside your personal Wi‑Fi network, your router may require a special configuration.
Photo Portal requires OS X 10.6 (or later) and our free server, which can be downloaded at : http://arrikon.com/photoportal.
• New Path Bar to display the current path. The bar can be hidden or displayed easily and you can browse your content directly from the path bar
• New guest account with its own folders, but without the edition tools
• Automatic detection of the server's local and external address
• Automatic selection of the local and external address
• iPad Pro Native Resolution, Split View
• New login panel
• The user can now choose to replace the "Photo Portal" toolbar logo with its own personal logo (iPad Only)
• The last used folder, selection and view mode are restored when you re-open the application
• Better error management for Wi-Fi, server, login and image loading
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Requires an app installed on the computer ☹️
I didn't notice the bit about this app requiring another app to be installed on my computer. I have a server for my production company with large volumes of photos stored on it, and I thought this app would be heaven sent for digging through them with my iPad. But I'm not about to install 3rd party software that will compromise the stability of my system and put cracks in my firewall.
I will happily punch my own holes into my network and use an app to browse through my files, which I do with other apps such as VNC Viewer, but to require software to be installed, presumably requiring an administrator password, putting my business at risk- no thank you.
Wish I could get my five bucks back!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.