*Enjoy access to all the cutting-edge tools while saving a limited number of photos in our free version. Gain unlimited access with a subscription or lifetime license.*
Photomator is a photo editing powerhouse, offering incredible tools for enhancing, retouching, and managing your photos. It includes an extensive collection of cutting-edge color adjustments, automatic selections powered by AI, powerful batch editing features, Clone and Repair tools for removing unwanted objects, and much more. Simply put, it has everything you need to make every shot your best.
The ultimate photo editing experience
• Adjust colors and lighting using a collection of powerful, nondestructive color adjustments
• Automatically make precise subject, sky, and background selections in photos using AI
• Add gradient masks, make color range selections, or simply paint over the areas you want to adjust using a brush
• Seamlessly clone or remove unwanted objects using state-of-the-art retouching tools
• Easily copy and paste edits between photos or batch edit entire photoshoots at a time
• Crop, straighten, and change the perspective of photos with a powerful and easy-to-use Crop tool
• Quickly change the look of photos using an extensive collection of presets, designed for landscape, black and white, and other photography styles
Tools powered by AI
• Automatically enhance shots using a machine learning algorithm trained on 20 million pro photos, or fine-tune individual adjustments, like White Balance, Selective Color, or Color Balance with a single click
• Magically increase the resolution of photos while keeping them detailed and sharp
• Remove camera noise and image compression artifacts with the Core ML-powered Denoise feature
• Instantly improve the quality of photos by removing color banding and increasing color depth with AI-powered Smart Deband feature
• Copy the look of any photo to another using the incredible color-matching feature
• Intelligently crop photos using machine learning-powered auto-cropping
State-of-the-art color adjustments
• Enjoy powerful tools for effortlessly adjusting the temperature, tint, exposure, contrast, brightness, hue, saturation, and vibrance in your photos
• Recover incredible amounts of detail in the highlights and shadows of photos
• Magically enhance fine details and structure in photos using powerful Clarity and Texture adjustments, or adjust textures in the highlights, midtones, and shadows separately
• Selectively edit individual color ranges with Selective Color, or improve the balance of colors in the shadows, midtones, and highlights with Color Balance
• Adjust lighting and colors with full precision using Levels and Curves adjustments
• Mix the balance of the red, green, and blue color channels to create intense color effects in your images
• Replace any color with any other using the Replace Color adjustment
• Create beautiful black and whites even from your color photos
• Use a range of additional adjustments, like Sharpen, Fade, Grain, Color Monochrome, Sepia, and Invert to make your photos stand out
• Instantly change the look of photos with LUTs or export custom LUTs to use in other apps
RAW editing made simple
• Open and edit over 650 RAW image formats, including Apple ProRAW and compressed Fujifilm RAWs
• Edit RAW photos as easily as photos in other formats using all the nondestructive tools, including Repair and Clone tools
• Easily batch-edit RAW photos together with photos in other formats
• Edit photos on your Mac, in cloud, or external drives with full macOS file system support
• Enjoy seamless Photos integration, instantly syncing edits between both apps
• With the support for iCloud Drive, enjoy seamless edit syncing across Mac, iPhone and iPad
Photomator is built from the ground up for Mac and integrates seamlessly with macOS Ventura. It uses powerful Apple technologies like Metal, Core ML, and Core Image to deliver staggeringly fast performance, even when editing large RAW photos or batch editing multiple images at a time.
Photomator 3.3.3 includes a number of improvements and fixes for the Files browser as well as a few other fixes.
• If a folder stops updating or you don’t see the latest changes, you can now use the Shift-Command-R shortcut to manually refresh it.
• When using the Share button in the toolbar to share photos, they would always be converted to JPEG. Now the original format will be preserved if possible.
• After editing an imported loose image twice, attempting to open it for a third time would not work. Fixed.
• When viewing a collection with many items, sometimes the last one or two rows of items would not be visible, and resizing the app window would cause items to flicker. Fixed.
• If a thumbnail could not be loaded, Photomator would attempt to reload it an infinite number of times. Fixed.
• The Match Colors button in the batch workflows editor stopped being able to save picked images for color matching. Fixed.
• In the Info window, the creation date would show the time and date in the current time zone rather than the time zone of the photo’s original location. Fixed.
• When duplicating an image edited with Photomator, its sidecar file would not be duplicated for any assets that were edited with version 3.3 or later. Fixed.
• In the Info window, the focal length was not being calculated correctly for photos taken with iPhone. Fixed.
Have any feedback about this update or Photomator in general? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Ratings and Reviews
Looking for a simple but powerful way to freshen up your photos? Photomator makes editing approachable even if you don’t know your contrast from your saturation. With a few taps, the app lets you adjust specific color ranges, perfect your photo’s shadows, and fix up highlights. And once you’ve found settings you like, save them as your own presets.
Best iOS photo editor for everyday use
This is by far the best iOS photo editor for everyday use. I’ve used it since its original iPad release and it has only gotten better over time. Some of the features that have made it great for a long time are iOS photos integration (no importing/exporting hassle), all basic editing features that work as expected (color, exposure, sharpness, etc.), custom setting options, batch editing capability, and RAW support. The recent-ish additions of super resolution, denoising, iPhone support, and a more fluid browsing/editing interface have pushed this app over the top as the best editor for casual users who like to make their everyday photos shine. There are, of course, still opportunities for improvement, such as more customizable batch processing, the ability to better customize the interface (for example, to hide the overall ML button but surface the denoise option, rearrange the tool order, etc.), masking capability, setting sync between iPad and iPhone, and so on… but these would all be quality of life improvements on what is already a superb app. Highly recommended over every other iOS photo editor (and I have used more than I care to admit).
First of all I love this app. It’s my go to app for all of my editing while I’m traveling. But it’s not quite finished. There are some features that are missing that would enable this being my standalone editor. First off it’s got a ton of features that work fantastic. The ML feature gets it right more often than not. The program is intuitive for anyone who’s ever edited in that one program that shall not be named. It’s speedy enough to export hundreds of photos without any fuss (although my battery may disagree). What it’s missing though really is a bummer. We need masking. There is currently no masking abilities that I’m aware of and that is such a shame. The ability to add watermarks or layers would be awesome but I realize that’s not what this app was designed for specifically. This has lead to creating workflows that exist outside of Pixelmator. Please also consider adding some basic brushes in future updates. I’ve been able to create an alternative workflow here as well using snapseed but I’d love to have any excuse to get rid of that app. It’s clunky. Finally where is the noise reduction? I’ll tell you, not here. It doesn’t exist yet. That is a shame. Overall you won’t be upset with this for edits and corrections but it’s just not quite done in my opinion.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review and apologies for taking a while to get back to you! Since you've posted this, we've been hard at work and have actually made several of your suggestions become a reality. You'll now find various forms of masking in Photomator, including automatic selections like Select Sky, Select Subject, and Select Background, gradient masks, and brush-based selections. We've also introduced a Denoise feature for noise reduction in photos, with more advanced improvements coming in future updates. And we're super excited to make Photomator even better moving forward! Keep an eye out for cool new updates coming your way.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 792.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2024 Pixelmator Team
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly Subscription $29.99
- Monthly Subscription $4.99
- Exclusive Lifetime Offer $79.99
- Lifetime $119.99
- Monthly Subscription $4.90
- Yearly Subscription $29.00
- Lifetime $119.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.